LEOPARD GECKO HELP PLEASE

ks7777

I woke up today at 4:30 due to feeling like I was going to puke but beyond that she has started eating! She ate 1 mealworm from her dish and she was sitting on the heat side for a while last night before I went to bed, I guess her body got to the right tempature, I'm still going to encourage my mom to take her to the vet even though she will think theres no reason now since she ate, but I want to know why she's bloated.

ks7777

I have bad news... her appointment was messed up and they caleld me today at 11:00am to tell me that so I had to set one for another vet at saturday at 3:00pm. I really don't think she will live that long ... which really disppoints me I'm praying she will but I'm really not sure, also it costs 30$ more then the last vet.

ks7777

Ugh, that sucks. Hopefully she'll make it to Saturday. That's a long wait

I agree, I cleaned her cage a few hours ago and shes being more active I did it so that I knew there wasn't anything that could of caused her to stop eating and I also put paper towls down insted of reptile carpet.

ks7777

what do u mean by healing ?
and also if u plan on keeping leo's in the future use a breeder

Shes been getting better on her own and I've been trying to do things like giving her a warm bath, etc we only used p3tsm4rt because we were new to leo's I think in the future if she does ever die I will look for a breeder. I thought buying it from p3tsm4rt would be better because I heard about the ones that died from p3tco I guess it's the other way around ...

As she gets better we will see what the vet says on saturday and see what the problem is or was.

Last edited:

got spots?

leo lover
Alright give her more warm soaks. Keep her in there for 15 mins. Also dont listen to anything p3tsm4rt says... Pet stores just want more $$. You need a Under tank heater that sticks to the cage.. Vet is needed as well.. Please keep us updated. I recommend not feeding her tbh. If she can not get waste out(does she poo normally still cant remember from posts soz) you dont want to give her more waste.

MrLeoGecko

The bird Is The Word
i live in england so we dont have chain stores like in america but ive heard some horrible stories about there reptiles

i honestly dont think thats going to go away depending on what it is with out long term treatment or surgury but id be ready of a hefty vet bill its just cost me £600-$1200 for my dog to be hospitalised for the weekend and has gone under alot of tests and we still dont now whats amater with him and now the vets suggesting for him to be sent to a university on the other side of the country which will cost us over £3000 which we havent got this side of christmas

anyway ill stop blabbing on and say that id expect to pay alot of money because vet's do tend to charge alot of money for nothing as said above.

ks7777

Alright give her more warm soaks. Keep her in there for 15 mins. Also dont listen to anything p3tsm4rt says... Pet stores just want more $$. You need a Under tank heater that sticks to the cage.. Vet is needed as well.. Please keep us updated. I recommend not feeding her tbh. If she can not get waste out(does she poo normally still cant remember from posts soz) you dont want to give her more waste.

Actually the lady at P3tsm4rt that I spoke with didnt tell me to buy much she said it didnt really need a light, etc but then when I looked into it my gecko needed more then she even told me about.

Last edited:

ks7777

i live in england so we dont have chain stores like in america but ive heard some horrible stories about there reptiles

i honestly dont think thats going to go away depending on what it is with out long term treatment or surgury but id be ready of a hefty vet bill its just cost me £600-$1200 for my dog to be hospitalised for the weekend and has gone under alot of tests and we still dont now whats amater with him and now the vets suggesting for him to be sent to a university on the other side of the country which will cost us over £3000 which we havent got this side of christmas

anyway ill stop blabbing on and say that id expect to pay alot of money because vet's do tend to charge alot of money for nothing as said above.

Yeah, I really like my gecko shes a sweetheart and I'm going to do anything to keep her alive.

MrLeoGecko

The bird Is The Word
Actually the lady at P3tsm4rt that I spoke with didnt tell me to buy much she said it didnt really need a light, etc but then when I looked into it my gecko needed more then she even told me about.

thats y u should always do your reasearch before you buy any animal i was looking at hundreds of care sheets on leo's before i even brought anything that i needed i.e heat mat thermostat cage suppiles food and i saved abit of money before i started incase i needed to go to the vet
but i think once youve got into reptiles it's easy to now what ure doing and to now whats right or wrong ive been keeping leo's for a year and ive now decided to get into cresties because i now i can take care of them.

ks7777

Yeah, I had all my stuff before buying my leo I also did some research before buying her.

ks7777

UPDATE: She has eaten the cricket I left in her cage over night which means shes back to eating more and more each day. I'm very happy and now I'm just waiting on the bloating to be looked at by the vet. I will take a pictures, more information when I know of it.

Visit our friends