LEOPARD GECKO HELP PLEASE

ks7777

My Leopard Gecko stopped eating a few day's ago and has been getting bloated more and more each day, I'm REALLY not sure what I can do I read about somethings and It said it could be an Impaction, so I decided to follow there advice and feed him olive oil [little drops] and give him a warm bath that still hasn't helped and she still wont eat I NEED HELP QUICK I DON'T WANT HIM TO DIE SO PLEASE REPLY WITH ANY SOURCES THAT COULD HELP ME OR ANYTHING TO GET HIM BACK TO NORMAL.

Picture of when he was hurt:
getattachmentaspxj.jpg

Updated picture:
2wp2fe1.png

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
See if you can find a vet and make an appointment. Meanwhile, if it's on any kind of sand or other particle, put it on something smooth like paper towel. Continue the warm soaks. Give it a drop of mineral oil or olive oil every 4-6 hours. Make sure the warm side is really warm, maybe in the mid-90's. It may take a little while for her to pass whatever is in there, so be patient.

Aliza

ks7777

Ok Thanks I only have a night time light which is red and a heating mat that I put on high and shes using a reptile carpet but she only likes the COLD side of the tank with the humidity any ideas why?

ks7777

I think I might have to give her away, I don't want her dying and my parents aren't doing anything to help me fix her and I don't have the money to take her to the vet. :cry:

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
That gecko is in serious trouble, she needs to see a vet ASAP. I agree with Aliza's suggestions. Also, what are your temps? If she's spending all her time on the cool side, something may be off there. Switch to paper towels, don't feed her, and continue soaks and mineral oil. Good luck.

JordanAng420

There is nothing you can do at home. That gecko needs medical intervention. Ask some friends for money, see if you can pay them back. Whatever you gotta do...it needs an xray.

Also, if you have decent credit, most veterinary hospitals offer a program you can apply for to get a temporary "loan" that pays the vet bills, which you eventually pay back. It's called Care Credit.

ks7777

Ok I found a vet who's 0 miles from where I live and I'm going to try and take her today to see him. thanks for all the suggestions/help.

ks7777

Ok I found a vet who's 0 miles from where I live and I'm going to try and take her today to see him. thanks for all the suggestions/help.

Well, after all our credit isn't good because we had to foreclose one of our houses so now I'm done with nothing left to do. I tried calling P3tSm4rt where I bought her and they wont do anything to help me because of there stupid 14 day return policy, I don't even want to return her I wanted to get her looked at for free, and I told them If I don't get her into the vet she will die and they didn't seem to care one bit. I'm going to pray for her to get better but there's nothing else I can do at this point ..

ks7777

What area do you live in? Maybe there's someone close that posts on these forums.

I live in arizona and my mom called me tonight to tell me she IS going to take my lizard to the vet tomarrow and the appointment is at 7:00PM. I will post pictures, xrays, etc when I find out what's wrong!!

JordanAng420

Dude, 7pm is super late! I'm suprised you got an appointment for that time, you might want to double check and make sure the appointment time is correct...

ks7777

Dude, 7pm is super late! I'm suprised you got an appointment for that time, you might want to double check and make sure the appointment time is correct...

Yeah, I was thinking so myself but they close at 9:00pm supprisingly. I did double check though. :) Now, I hope she can hang in there till tomarrow!

Visit our friends