POLL: sotw

should we have a sig of the week???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

chamillionair

well i think this site should have a sig of the week contest each week,since you might not kno what a sig is i will post a few my friends have made, but the ones i am posting are not gecko related, but, if this site had a sig of the week, one week could be leopard gecko, another could be tokay, etc, etc, an you determine who has the best sig be all of the people on the site voting , also this is a great way to show others on the site how creative you can be, also on another site i was one who liked entering the sig of the week, so i think i would be a great moderator for this section, if this site has moderaters:main_cool3:

this one is from google \/ \/ \/

this is one my friend made \/ \/ \/

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
I'm a little confused--are you talking about creating images for members' signature lines? The only images allowed in signature lines here are the site's smilies.

C

chamillionair

no a sig of the week is a contest, where you put you graphics skills to the test to make the best sig you can make, but each week there would be a different theme, also this does not have to do with a user signature, this type of sig would just be a graphic you made,and you would have to post it

C

chamillionair

so, do you think this would be a good addition to the forums, i kno i think so

C

chamillionair

yeah, i hope a lot of people join in if the admin allows this, remember the more the marrier

gko reptiles

A New Generation
That would be cool! Phillip takes 100's of pictures of the geckos a month, I'm sure he'd enter a few times here and there ;)

C

chamillionair

this is a lot more then takken a pic, i will show you what a sig is

this is a sig of a snake, you see , they had to edit the pic to make it come out like this, this is not how the pic was takken

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chamillionair

well, i can get you a tuturial, this would show you how to make one,would you like one ??

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
chamillionair said:
well, i can get you a tuturial, this would show you how to make one,would you like one ??

Show me what a Leopard Gecko one would look like first. I don't really have time for this type of stuff, but may fool around with it occassionally.

C

chamillionair

okay,here it is

for some reasone, people dont make many leo sigs, so this was the best one i could get,lastly
does the admin come on this site often, i would really like to see if he / she like the idea of a sig of the week

Last edited by a moderator:

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
I think you should stop calling them sigs and just say you want to have a "weekly photo editing contest." Makes more sense, they're not really signatures.

C

chamillionair

well to me, that sound fine, as long as what has to be done to the pic stays the same i am happy

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
I think we should just morph this sig stuff into a photo contest. You can submit both edited and unedited photos. Or maybe we have an edited photo contest along with a regular photo contest. The contests could be themed now and again too.

Lets throw around some ideas.

C

chamillionair

well one week could be leo pics, next week tokay, the week after could even be anoles, things like that,and after 5 days of people putting in there entries, all of the people on he site could vote to see who had the best pic, and the winner could get some sort of virtual prize, if this site would allow pics in there signature, i could make the a coustom userbar for the winner

chamillionair said:
well one week could be leo pics, next week tokay, the week after could even be anoles, things like that,and after 5 days of people putting in there entries, all of the people on he site could vote to see who had the best pic, and the winner could get some sort of virtual prize, if this site would allow pics in there signature, i could make the a coustom userbar for the winner

I like this idea. So Ryan can we do it?Also that would make a good prize.

Visit our friends