NEW MORPH?!?!

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
The mack snow raptor on the other thread has a TON more color then just a hint of yellow. I'd put money on it being a blazing blizzard with the eyes of a raptor.

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
On a side note - it does sound like his description of the snow-white albino which is NOT the same as a mack snow raptor from what he says. I need a full body shot. He says it stays white as an adult (blazing blizzard - HELLO)...but made with his "patternless" gene. That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one. I can't count the number of aptors/raptors that develop a pattern as they age - so how's he going to keep them patternless using "his gene"?

I stand by the eyes for the eclipse/raptor not being linked, and he's simply putting it with the already existing tremper blizzards. Pregnant lady has put her foot down! LOL Call me a doubting Thomas, but I'll believe it's a new morph when I see how it's created in relation to other already existing morphs.

Last edited:

A&M Gecko

Guys, just to clear the water, that is a blazing blizzard raptor.
Unless someone has made this combo already it is a world new combo.
He crossed a blazing blizzard last year with a raptor and then crossed the babies to each other to make a red eye blazing with the raptor genes.
Alberto

Kimjorg

As A&M said it is a blazing blizzard with the "ruby eyes" that RT is famous for. I discussed trempers new morphs with him when we met him last month and he gave us the heads up on this cool new morph. (which by the way i dont think he is the first person to create the morph just the first person to release it correct me if i am wrong Kelli) and on a side note I do not think tremper is ALL business at all he is probably one of the nicest and most down to earth big breeders that I have met. He took so much time with us in Daytona to answer any questions that we had and did not push us once to even take a second look at his geckos. I think you guys might have him all wrong and just because someone releases a new morph every so often doesn't mean that they are just in it for the business maybe he loves geckos and likes to "experiment" with different morphs like most of us would love to be able to do. And for the record... this is not a "Blazing Blizzard RAPTOR"; due to the fact that there is no orange in it it cannot be considered a RAPTOR. (BTW ALBERTO- I love our little SHTCTB female we got from you in Daytona she's beautiful thanks for always having high quality geckos)

Last edited:

Sandra

Kimjorg said:
And for the record... this is not a "Blazing Blizzard RAPTOR"; due to the fact that there is no orange in it it cannot be considered a RAPTOR.
It is logical that a raptor, when crossed with a blizzard, loses it's color. It isn't less raptor for the fact of being breed with a colorless mutation. You can call it a blazing blizzard raptor or a red eyed blazing blizzard, but it's the same, it depends on if you want to point out the whole genetics or just the red eyes factor.

"Diablo blanco"? I wish people stopped inventing fancy names and started calling things what they are, because of that I'm all confused with all the raptor genetics thing, I think I will start a new thread and see if you can help me :main_no:

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Kimjorg said:
As A&M said it is a blazing blizzard with the "ruby eyes" that RT is famous for. I discussed trempers new morphs with him when we met him last month and he gave us the heads up on this cool new morph. (which by the way i dont think he is the first person to create the morph just the first person to release it correct me if i am wrong Kelli) and on a side note I do not think tremper is ALL business at all he is probably one of the nicest and most down to earth big breeders that I have met. He took so much time with us in Daytona to answer any questions that we had and did not push us once to even take a second look at his geckos. I think you guys might have him all wrong and just because someone releases a new morph every so often doesn't mean that they are just in it for the business maybe he loves geckos and likes to "experiment" with different morphs like most of us would love to be able to do. And for the record... this is not a "Blazing Blizzard RAPTOR"; due to the fact that there is no orange in it it cannot be considered a RAPTOR. (BTW ALBERTO- I love our little SHTCTB female we got from you in Daytona she's beautiful thanks for always having high quality geckos)

Just because someone is all business, it doesn't mean they can't enjoy what they do or be nice to people. I think that's what confuses people when I say he's all business - I'm sure he loves what he does (I doubt he'd be doing it otherwise). That's not to say he's not thinking about his business and marketing on a constant basis (even when you might think he's not). A good business man can put business first and make it appear that it's last...and that's what he does. It's like a magic trick without the confetti and pretty girls. He's the type of business man that could sell a refrigerator to an eskimo and have them so happy they invite him to dinner. I know sales tactics (and I'm not NEARLY - not even close - as good as he is) and I can tell you he's very VERY good at market planning and spinning and most of all selling...and what makes him even better is that he has the confidence, intelligence, and understanding of psychology to know just how to push people to make them think it was their idea all along so that he doesn't come off as a used-car salesman. He's a rare breed in the reptile world because business people with this sort of talent usually work on other ventures, but he finds passion with leos and he's running with it (and this is just about his high-dollar morphs - ever heard of CRAP?http://www.herpindex.com/center/menu.html http://www.herpindex.com/center/photos.html )

A good business man will create a "press release" of something new with JUST ENOUGH info in it to make the masses curious and drooling for more...as he's done with this current morph. (I think you're correct in saying he's not the first - but not 100% sure.) Do you think so many people would have jumped on the APTOR/RAPTOR bandwagon if they knew how they were made? He hides things up his sleeve for quite some time to create enough "product" to satisfy the predicted market demand.

A good business man will "leak" info to customers to make them excited and make them feel like an insider....and he makes EVERYONE feel like and insider because it's a good feeling. While not really a leak, you can see him doing it in his projects page, and when he talks about it at shows. It's just another way to drum up some buzz....and it works (just look at this thread! LOL).

A good business man knows exactly when and where to push to make a sale, but at the same time make the customer feel totally comfortable. You may or may not have bought a thing from him at the show (I don't know)....but I would bet you walked away feeling that you want to do business with him. Again - this isn't a negative thing for you or for him. Heck, do you know how HAPPY my boss would be if every one of his employees were half as good as Tremper is in selling? And he's not just selling a product, he's selling himself as well.

As much as I don't like it at times, a good business man will create a marketing name to set his product apart from the rest of the competition. APTOR and RAPTOR are truly awful acronyms - but everyone knows them. Diablo Blanco is cheesy - but just wait, cuz it's going to stick. I was praying the snake-eyes wasn't going to stick, but it did. Tangerine Tornadoes and Electric Tangs aren't from Tremper, but it's the same idea. I point them out because it's the same technique, but it's not a negative thing - Kelli knows I'd LOVE one of her Electrics (or Dan's Firewater...I could really go on and on!). The annoying part stems from names I consider cheesy, or ones that further confuse an already confusing market.

Back on track - WOO HOO I was right! :D Tremper BB with the eyes (at least) of a RAPTOR. Now, if someone can PLEASE figure out if the eyes are linked because I'm DYING to know. Wait...does this mean the blizzard eclipse and the RAPTOR eclipse are compatible?? Now THAT's exciting.

Also goes to show how smooth he is - the white patternless look stems from it being a blazing blizzard - NOT from his "patternless" gene as he would so clearly have us think. He's self-promoting the "patternless" gene while simultaneously obscuring what really went into the morph. (Edit: Jumping the gun on this last paragraph - I was thinking the info I had read about the snow-white albinos was on the press release - pregnancy will do that to you. Maybe he changed his mind about the name?)

Last edited:

marula

...with the knowledge now is possible, with patience and time (and place where put ALL geckos for this reserch), "building" a new morph in a cople of years...
i like diablo blanco, but i like the same the albino blazing blizzard with red eyes..they look the same...the genetic is different, but they look the same..is nice to be able to use the same kind of gecko (red eyes blazing blizzard) in an aptor/raptor breeding prodject or in a simple albino prodject (depends of their genetic)..
like a lot of people in europe (where tremper is "the name" for leos) i contact him, but here i found a new world..a lot of people try to working in the same directions (new morphs, nice geckos) in different way..
..tremper is a "marketing" man, but with this i don't whant say "he is an orrible person"...
...i prefer the romantic idea of the breeder with only a prodject, a leo lovers breeder...he love leos (for sure..if he don't love them like shanti say probably was more simple for him put his marketing talent in another way) and i don't have nothing against him..but some people sell for half price the same kind of geckos (with the same genetic often)...he be able to sell for doble price ;-)

I just now emailed ron and asked him to check out the forums and i told him that we have a lot of the nice breeders and stuff.If he decides to join then we can get all this cleared out and if he doesnt we can always call/email him

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Nice call Shanti! I never would have guess Raptor x Blizzard. Boring in my opinion, but if it can make Raptors that'd be kind of cool...

ExcessiveHerps

Leo Addict
leopardgecko95 said:
I just now emailed ron and asked him to check out the forums and i told him that we have a lot of the nice breeders and stuff.If he decides to join then we can get all this cleared out and if he doesnt we can always call/email him
Why bother? I don't think anyone has ever heard of RT on forums, he'll be mighty pleased with all the questions everyone will hve till May when they are sold.

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
I've never heard of him being on the forums either. He's welcome, of course. Anyway, even if he does come, no need to delete anything said here. LOL....I'm just calling it as I see it, and doubt he would have any problems with me saying he's a great business man.

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
I've notice small traces of orange around its nostrils, does anyone else notice? I beleive its a blazing blizzard Raptor...which is cool!

ExcessiveHerps

Leo Addict
Why are some still postign thier thoughts when its alreayd been posted what it is? Alberto's has told use, plus their was another member who personally talked to RT not long ago we was told the same as alberto posted.

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Hi

As expected I am getting numerous questions concerning the
new DIABLO BLANCO morph.

Over the next few days I will address all of the inquiries in the
form of a FAQ page.

In the meantime, I can just say that is not a Blazing Blizzard
variant.

Ron Tremper...........

Just got this email...

Visit our friends