In light of my new Job... How many of you?

C

Cracker

I work on cars, but employ myself with breeding ball pythons as a hobby... it's more fun, but the rewards right now are poop and nitrates. If I could run my furnace and electricity on that stuff, I'd have a lot more of em around.

If I can find a full time Night gig that pays decent enough, I'm in the works for an internship at the Lincoln park zoo.... NOT brookfield (I'm in IL). Who knows though... right now zoo's aren't picky enough. Brookfield isn't a zoo anymore, it's a friggin pigeon/goose sanctuary with popstands and beer taps. There's no reptile house there anymore :/ SACRELIGE!!!! What is an American Zoo without an American alligator?

Haligren

is behind you.
I work with children, which are in many ways the same as animals.....many ways. But when i look down and they look up at me with those big eyes i just know, deep down, they are ready to stick me with something...

This made me laugh really loud and everyone looked at me weird. lol

Gregg M

Registered Member
I do not work in the pet industry at all really... Keeping, breeding, and selling reptiles is not my job, its my hobby that I love to do... If it ever became a job for me, I would not want to do it... LOL.... By trade I am a fiber opitic tech... I do everything from system design to feild construction and splicing... On the side and not very often, I do help certain zoos with captive breeding projects mostly involving their venomous collections...

LeapinLizards

It's a BEAUT Clark!
I work with children, which are in many ways the same as animals.....many ways. But when i look down and they look up at me with those big eyes i just know, deep down, they are ready to stick me with something...

This made me laugh so hard I was tearing up...thank you Bodon!

amanda_ols

What?! No more reptile house @ Brookfield? Why not? :main_angry:

I work on cars, but employ myself with breeding ball pythons as a hobby... it's more fun, but the rewards right now are poop and nitrates. If I could run my furnace and electricity on that stuff, I'd have a lot more of em around.

If I can find a full time Night gig that pays decent enough, I'm in the works for an internship at the Lincoln park zoo.... NOT brookfield (I'm in IL). Who knows though... right now zoo's aren't picky enough. Brookfield isn't a zoo anymore, it's a friggin pigeon/goose sanctuary with popstands and beer taps. There's no reptile house there anymore :/ SACRELIGE!!!! What is an American Zoo without an American alligator?

amanda_ols

I worked at a veterinary clinic when I was 15(with a work permit) for a while. I cleaned cages, let the dogs out and cleaned their runs, fed the animals, and even got to help out with procedures and even surgeries believe it or not. The vet that owned the place was a real douhe bag. He was pretty rough with the animals when no one was looking, and was sort of inhumane in my opinion. I liked my job, but couldn't handle the big boss after about a year.
As of right now, I just graduated college on the 19th of this month with a degree in Web Design. Since I graduated, my internship is also over and I'm unemployed(other than some freelance work). I've been applying everywhere that I find openings and am hoping to land a nice job after the 1st of the year. Untill then, I'm waiting to see if I can get approved for UIbenefits. Wish me luck with everything!

RepGurl

I have worked at a vet clinic for about 6 years. I just quit at a pet store that I was at for 3 years. I also paint pet portraits that I sell.

Visit our friends