In light of my new Job... How many of you?

Lady_Kiya

Okay, so today I was hired at a local pet supply store. Unfortunetly we don't sell animals, just toys and food and such. :)

In light of my new employment I thought I would see how many of us are employed by the pet industry. ^^

If you like you can tell us what you are in charge of where you work. You don't have to mention the exact place where you work, as I think that is against some rule of some sort. Lol

Sooo, I make # 1!

LeoMartin

Martin&Jackson my gecko's
I am I work at Pets-Mart in Orlando it's really great all of our reptiles are in healthy conditions!
I work with Aquatic/Reptile Care.

Lady_Kiya

Your job sound great!

Leo- glad to hear all your reptiles are kept healthy. Wish all places were like that.

Thanks Riyo!

Haha! No problem Jenn! Its good to hear what other people do too! I am sure you are very good at what you do. ^^

N

Nigel4less

I`m a full time Gecko Slave... and when I`m not doing that I`m a Student ;)

bubblez825

I am too young to work ;(

Same here it sucks I could do so much for my local chain store. The lady today even unlocked the snakes and said here ya go go play with them and just stood there lol. I got to open the cages and take them out and everything. Another worker came up and stood there for a few minutes and them asked the other lady if I come here a lot. The first lady told her yes and that I was very knowledgeable. The second lady said ok good or I would have said WHY did U let her UP THERE?!?!?!?!

I was laughing in my head lol. It was funny ^__^. as soon as I turn 16 im gonna apply for a job there. if the first lady is still there I KNOW I will get a job with the reptiles ^__^

thekooliest

Website Creator
Aww, don't worry guys. As soon as you are old enough get a job involving pets. ^^
Don't have much of a doubt in my mind. The people I have worked with online (for sites) keep saying I am very motivated + responsible. And those are great compliments! :main_yes: And I feel very knowledgeable in reptiles :D

breanna-banana13

is a pirate
I worked at a local pestore over the summer. It was horrible:(. the owner was more interested in money than anything else. It's a real shame because as the only petstore within like 20-30 min she basically has the locals by the short hairs :main_no:. The thing is she knows that people would rather come there than drive all that way so of course things have slipped, the store is always a disaster and she goes through employees like nobodys business. Not to mention she is not a very pleasant person, she talks down to employees "to make herself feel better" (i heard THAT straight from the horses mouth) I walked out after about 2 months. I'm usually all for supporting local businesses, but not this one...:main_thumbsdown:

PS- now I work front desk at a hotel (i'm actually "working" now hehe...) any way I hate it because I hate it when people take their frustrations out on me for something that is not remotely my fault. example: I'm sorry your flight is cancelled and that the airport is not paying for your room, but I AM the one that decides whether or not you can stay in my nice warm hotel tonight instead of sleeping at the airport- so BE NICE TO ME! grr

And I'm a full time student at Medaille College for Vet tech (1 semester down, 3 to go woo hoo)

Last edited:

Riyo

Pet Human
I worked at a local pestore over the summer. It was horrible:(. the owner was more interested in money than anything else. It's a real shame because as the only petstore within like 20-30 min she basically has the locals by the short hairs :main_no:. The thing is she knows that people would rather come there than drive all that way so of course things have slipped, the store is always a disaster and she goes through employees like nobodys business. Not to mention she is not a very pleasant person, she talks down to employees "to make herself feel better" (i heard THAT straight from the horses mouth) I walked out after about 2 months. I'm usually all for supporting local businesses, but not this one...:main_thumbsdown:

Sounds like quite the crappy experience..I'm glad you got out of there! I have a boss that talks down to me, too, but he's generally a butt to everyone. :p

Haligren

is behind you.
I work at a local petstore. My main section is the reptiles, but I do a bit of everything around the store. We have limited staff which really sucks. Especially in the reptile department. I'm a full time student and a part time worker there but when I work, it's work full time. I try my best to keep the reptile section in good shape, and it's gotten better since I started, but...well, I could go on and on. lol Bottom line; I work at a petstore and I try my best to take care of all the animals there.

Lady_Kiya

Sounds like quite the crappy experience..I'm glad you got out of there! I have a boss that talks down to me, too, but he's generally a butt to everyone. :p

I second that, I am glad you got out of there.
I actually got this job to escape the one I am at now, lol. I am so happy to be working somewhere having to do with animals.
Especially for discounts. :main_thumbsup:

Lady_Kiya

I work at a local petstore. My main section is the reptiles, but I do a bit of everything around the store. We have limited staff which really sucks. Especially in the reptile department. I'm a full time student and a part time worker there but when I work, it's work full time. I try my best to keep the reptile section in good shape, and it's gotten better since I started, but...well, I could go on and on. lol Bottom line; I work at a petstore and I try my best to take care of all the animals there.

There are so many petstores who need workers like you to keep things running in good shape. ^^

malt_geckos

Don't Say It's Impossible
I work part time at an equestrian tack shop. I sell English riding equipment. I'm also a college student headed to UF in August for veterinary medicine.

Zynx_Keekeio

I work at a ma and pa pet store!! of which I clean feed and water all animals, clean dog kennels, clean small animal cages (rodents and ferrets and such), cleaning up after cats, cleaning up after birds, feeding and caring for reptiles, and register and store manitinece (cleaning and stocking and putting pricing on stuff)

it's hard work and a lot to learn

Visit our friends