Introducing Godzilla!

estott

beatuiful gecko, hes huge i cant beleave it. well the 200 G gecko just became more of a possability and youve got a big jump start on it.

W

williammce1

Awsome job Steve. You both should be proud. And good for you to give credit where credit is due. Takes a big man.

Dragoon Gecko

Congrats Steve, that is a wonderfull gecko!!

I always wanted to add a giant from you in my collection, now I'm sure I will do soon :main_thumbsup:!!!

/Rebecca

Gregg M

Registered Member
That thing is rediculous!!! LOL
I guess the "There are no real giants" theory has been squashed... LOL Marcia, I am a believer too now... LOL

AWESOME leo Steve...

rubym

Lat me know when a female becomes available! One that big and hefty should be able to survive my Eben....he seems to like to kill his wives off....or just mutilate them a little bit. I think a girl as big as Godzilla may be able to hold her own!

Brhaco

Steve, my hat's off to you (if I wore one). And may I say, great timing? You certainly do have the inside track on the 200 gm leopard-I'll predict that animal will measure about 12.5 inches-certainly not over 13.

SteveGeckosEtc

200 grammer....that's my next goal! Godzilla is 35 grams bigger than his dad's max weight, so the 200 gram gecko may not be too far off. The giant is a cool gene to work with, and giants can be line bred further to create even bigger geckos with time.

It is amazing to see how much leopard geckos have changed over the last 10 years with selective breeding (high yellows used to be the cool morph!). Who knows how big giants will be in another 10 years! I'm hoping I need bigger cages. :)

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
200 grammer....that's my next goal! Godzilla is 35 grams bigger than his dad's max weight, so the 200 gram gecko may not be too far off. The giant is a cool gene to work with, and giants can be line bred further to create even bigger geckos with time.

It is amazing to see how much leopard geckos have changed over the last 10 years with selective breeding (high yellows used to be the cool morph!). Who knows how big giants will be in another 10 years! I'm hoping I need bigger cages. :)

thats great steve, ive been joking, but serious at the same time saying ill eventually have a 3ft long leopard gecko. and i also believe the giants have been neglected as to working on them. other things came along and the giants got pushed to the back shelf.

nev

Lottiz

Black Velvet
WOW...I want to be a gecko lady...I'm in love!

I have a giant Aptor from you Steve, a very nice female. Maybe I don't have to use "possible giant" when I mark the offsprings from her if i have a male from you too ;)

She got her first offsprings 2008. The babies are around 6-8 month now. I hope some of them will be big (most of them are sold but i got a very nice raptor girl left). The female (Shiraz) is a 90 grams lady.

http://www.blackvelvets.dinstudio.se/files/Shiraz.JPG

http://www.blackvelvets.dinstudio.se/files/Sunkiss.JPG

SFgeckos

amazing!!

Wow, that is a VERY impressive gecko!!! I am definitely amazed!

I have a quick question for you Steve, and by no means am I asking in a negative way- from your experiences with working with the Tremper "giant" gene, have you noticed any abnormalities in their health?

I'm only bringing this up because some people point out that though Moose was a heavily used breeder male, he did have a somewhat "shorten" lifespan (were the necropsy reports ever released?)

I guess you could theoretically compare that to the "average" life span of a large breed canine being shorter than a midsize/smaller breed (I'm not talking about individual animals, I'm talking about population average). Any thoughts?

J

Brhaco

You must not have read through the thread at the time. Moose was unfortunately unable to be necropsied, due to the fact that he died on top of his heat tape and was too decomposed when found a day or two later. My own theory is that he was bitten by one of the ubiquitous Texas brown widows.

As for this being indicative of any health problems, I'll just say this. Both Moose's father and brother are still alive and in vigorous health, and are breeding females as we speak.

Visit our friends