The Edit Feature

robin

Double LY said:
But if Marcia were to edit her post that you are quoting, would the quote remain the same or would it be the edited version? Sorry to be a pest and drag this thread out, but I want to make sure I understand how this works - I'm a computer moron ;)
her edited post would be edited but her original post that was quoted will stay the same. so the quote will be what you originally quoted

D

Double LY

robin said:
her edited post would be edited but her original post that was quoted will stay the same. so the quote will be what you originally quoted

Thank you :main_thumbsup:

robin

hey are yall gonna but a time limit on the amount someone has to edit their posts? i think it is long past due for a couple of unnamed members

R

Russ S

The time limit for editing posts has been addressed ..... thanks for your concern and understanding.

LeosForLess

editing posts can be great

it does prompt you for what problem you had, it should be m/c instead of fill in the blank (no this isnt a quiz)

W

William

Good idea, better way to crack down on rulebreakers.

But you need to either make this forum firefox only or put a spellcheck function for people like marula.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
We are now going to limit the edit time to 15 minutes which will will allow us to correct any errors made shortly after we post. This will eliminate members' ability to go back after a few days an change their posts... especially a certain member that tends to do that when anyone gets into a confrontation with her.

THINK BEFORE YOU HIT THE "POST REPLY" BUTTON!

robin

William said:

But you need to either make this forum firefox only or put a spellcheck function for people like marula.
marula is from italy, english is her second language. i love that she just goes and is not afraid to post. i can read her posts and understand them fine. so, don't be rude =|

oh yeah and by the way there is a spell checker in case you need to use one. :)

robin

Golden Gate Geckos said:
We are now going to limit the edit time to 15 minutes which will will allow us to correct any errors made shortly after we post. This will eliminate members' ability to go back after a few days an change their posts... especially a certain member that tends to do that when anyone gets into a confrontation with her.

THINK BEFORE YOU HIT THE "POST REPLY" BUTTON!

i don't change my posts .......

preacherman

Gecko Genetics
Quick question regarding the time limit: I made a post today under the classifieds that has several animals listed in it. If I can't edit it after 15 minutes how do I note which ones have been sold? I don't want to bump the ad to the top everytime a gecko sells. What should I be doing?

R

Russ S

William said:

we do have a spellcheck feature.

preacherman said:
Quick question regarding the time limit: I made a post today under the classifieds that has several animals listed in it. If I can't edit it after 15 minutes how do I note which ones have been sold? I don't want to bump the ad to the top everytime a gecko sells. What should I be doing?

Good Question Jason. I am wondering the same.

R

Russ S

you can always PM a mod and ask them to edit it for you. :shrugs:

Visit our friends