local people

Grip Fast

“Ballinbreich”
state forum with individual sub forums for every state!!!!!!

just like the Housing forum has a D-I-Y sub forum:main_thumbsup:

ariana

i think that would be an awesome thing to have :)
id like to meet people who share my love for leos,
so far ive met a tolerating pet store owner :p
and she only tolerates me babbling cuz i buy supers in bulk from her

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
I have used the search members function to find people in my area. Granted, if a user has not discolsed their location, they won't be found, and you also have to try several searches because you don't know how a user may have typed their location. For example, searching for "VA" and "Virginia".

jermh1

I got a lot of odd hobbies according to the mainstream, I can say I have not met anyone into anything im into other than fishing, and I prefer to fish, in my kayak, at night alone.
I think having an internet corespondence about gecko's, between someone in CA vs NJ is the same. I also have kids and am a bit leary about inviting people over for a shared interest in anything.
So if we are not going to get together or hang out then why should it matter where I am from.
That being said, I do think it would be cool to have a link to ya hoo chat groups for locations, could be usefull in buying, selling, and trading.

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
I think the biggest plus to meeting people in your area is so that you can meet up in person or at least know a breeder or two that you can buy from locally so that you don't have to pay for shipping.. otherwise, you're right, it doesn't really matter where anyone is from unless we're going to actually meet.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
I think the biggest plus to meeting people in your area is so that you can meet up in person or at least know a breeder or two that you can buy from locally so that you don't have to pay for shipping.. otherwise, you're right, it doesn't really matter where anyone is from unless we're going to actually meet.

+1

Visit our friends