Fresh and Salt Water Fish Forum?

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
I know a good deal of the members keep or have kept fish whether it be fresh or salwater and since we have forums for most of the other critters you can keep this one seemed to be the only one missing.

All in favor?

Leopardbreeder

I! I used to keep a 120 gallon saltwater talk. I have a small 10 gallon now just so I can keep my favorite tetras.

malt_geckos

Don't Say It's Impossible
I have more tanks and fish than I know what to do with!!!!!!! Some one needs to come get these angelfish! lol. We don't have a fish classifieds either...but then again, we don't have any classifieds other than reptiles...do we? Gosh, now I have to go check. lol.

eyelids

Bells Rule!
I really miss keeping fish...

My fish interests include, but aren't limited to New World Cichlids, Tanganyikan Cichlids, New World Killifish, Potamotrygon spp.(freshwater rays), and Loricarids... I will have a major tank room when I move to a house rather than an apartment... :main_yes:

malt_geckos said:
we don't have any classifieds other than reptiles...do we?

AquaBid.com

malt_geckos

Oh believe me...I KNOW AQUABID. lol. I know quite a few sellers on there too. I just don't trust some things on there. I have been part of the angelfish comm. for 8 years. lol. So, I know what's crap and what's not...and there's a ton of crap there.... Ooops...hope that didn't violate TOS....lol. Just giving everyone a heads up.

malt_geckos

YAY! Marcia, please don't wash out my mouth with soap..... *begs* lol.

You might give me soap poisoning....lol.

If you wash out my mouth with soap, I will send you emails full of misspelled words asking you if I should buy some other gecko from a chain store... ;)

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
I think I'm gonna start up a 29 gal freshwater tank with tiger barbs, some kuhli loaches, some different catfish, some kind of fancy pleco, and the rest is just ?

I'm pretty stoked to do it but had to make a deal to sell some geckos before I even thought about it... :(. Oh well I suppose I can manage.

GECKOFREAK

Addicted To Leos
I think a fish forum would be cool.

I have kept salt water reef tanks in the past, but currently I have two fresh water tanks....a 30 gallon containing a couple cichlids and my caecillians, and a 125 gallon for my FRT :)

L

LadyGecko

420Geckos said:
I really miss keeping fish...

My fish interests include, but aren't limited to New World Cichlids, Tanganyikan Cichlids, New World Killifish, Potamotrygon spp.(freshwater rays), and Loricarids... I will have a major tank room when I move to a house rather than an apartment... :main_yes:

AquaBid.com

OMG-I can't tell you much that I miss my large cichlids and my other assorted fish but with no longer keeping them I don't think that I would really feel comfortable on a fish only forum
I was a member of a few of the larger forums for years and I really enjoyed it

I kept Angels for years and Oscars and Gold Severums -those are just a few of the types of fish that I kept

My house used to sound like the Shed aquarium with all of the air pumps and the canister and back filters going
But-When I got to the point that I could no longer care for them-they unfortunately had to go

The good part was that I kept all of the aquariums and you all know where I went from there-LOL

Anyway- having a fish forum here would be fun

Sandy

S

StinaKSU

I had a 10 gallon nano-reef for aorund a year......well over $1000 in it and then my roommate killed it over winter break last year...

Used to have a 20 gallon long brackish with fiddler crabs, a bumblebee goby, a dragon goby, and some guppy/endlers crosses.

Right now i have a 14 gallon planted aquarium....consolidated from a 10 gallon that was my mom's and a 2 1/2 planted cube that was mine. I'm gonna fill it up with itty bitty fishies and inverts...plus a little german gold ram I picked up at work today....she's so cute!...I hope she works out!

I like the idea of an aquatics/aquarium forum...I don't think I would limit it to just fish though...I dont' know about anyone else but as I said I also do inverts and plants...I think it should all be in one "aquariums" forum. If we get such a forum I'll start a thread on my 14 with pics and stuff :)

L

LadyGecko

I agree Stina
The forum should include all aspects of aquatic life

I don't think that that would make it too complicated and
it sure sounds like a good number of people are interested

Sandy
PS-I can try and dig up some of my old fish pics
I sure wish that I had the camera that i have now when I was keeping fish

Visit our friends