Whites T/F pics for Robin!

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
Jeanne said:
Maybe if you weren't so rude when offering advice people wouldn't get defensive at your posts. Why can't we all just get along ;)

I wouldn't call my initial post rude.

His frog is seriously overweight, would it be better to NOT tell him it's got an issue and simply let the consequences occur without an attempt to warn him?

Subsequent posts might seem a bit rude to anyone who's especially sensitive but I'd categorize them as more... a blunt explaination of my lack of tolerance when someone tries to argue with me about an issue as obvious as this one. I have simply been burnt out with ignorant people that want to argue against quality information based on some knee jerk emotional garbage, I'm still trying because I've got a masochistic streak in me- but I'm not as willing to give someone who wants to remain on their destructive course second or third chances with my time and I absolutely refuse to hold someone's hand and get cloyingly subservient just because they are too stupid to differentiate between a factual assessment of an animal's condition and some kind of personal insult. The appropriate response to "Your frog is way too fat." would be something along the lines of "How fat is too fat? How do you tell? Here's the diet I am using, what would you reccomend changing to correct that problem?" instead of a load of defensive childish whining.

... as I said though, his frog. He can kill it however he wants and it really won't have any impact on me.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Nobody here is going to want to hear your advice if you can't act like a civilized human being, so why bother offering it?

Sorry, just my .02

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
Jeanne said:
Nobody here is going to want to hear your advice if you can't act like a civilized human being, so why bother offering it?

Oh... a few of them will. 'course they're the ones who probably need it the least and know how to get ahold of me if they have something they want to ask.

Ian S.

Still more hibidy blabidy bloobidy blab and not one suggestion as to what I should be doing differently. It's safe to say I've left myself open for suggestion from you for way too long now with nothing but dieriah flowing from your mouth . Keep your petty rude comments to yourself. I dont want any advise from you on anything "can I be any more clear." You thrive off of starting shit with other people to look cool, all wise, and knowing in order to repress your own little insecurities swirling around that rudely suggestive peanut you call a brain. Now your trying to call a possie over here because your :thinking2: May-be you'll take this hint...Piss Off. I'm open to any suggestions from anyone else willing to present themselves a tad bit more formally, rather than you.

Last edited:

robin

seamus is blunt, very much so and rude too and sometimes just down right nasty. seamus is seamus take him for what it's worth. he does know his stuff (i have to admit, even though i want to choke the shit
outa him sometimes [allot of times])his diplomacy sucks as does his social skills but he knows allot of stuff. i have this kind love hate thing with him. i really love to hate him but at times i can't help but hate to love him. seamus has been like this since the day i saw him post. he actually is a tad more tollerant than he used to be.
this is the suggestions i give to people regarding seamus.

take what seamus says for what it is worth, either like it hate it or whatever even though it may come off blunt and rude... thats part of his style of writing. he does not beat around the bush

listen through the bluntness and rudeness what he is trying to get across. he knows allot, not everything but he does know allot and actually is a wealth of info ya just got to get past his personality

never get into an arguement unless you are prepared. chances are he will verbally assault you without even thinking about it.

guys this is seamus at his nicest however weird and blunt as it is. he is trying to help but wording it in his own special way, which makes it sound to most very rude and blunt to others. i understand his bluntness even though i do not care how he has expressed it at times (ass hole)

anyway that's most likely the nicest post you will ever see my type and or say about seamus

oh and one last thing...if his blunt style of writing bothers you just skip past his posts because normally in every post he makes at least one thing can be taken as rude (if not the whole entire post)

p.s he really does care or he would not say anything ... he may not care about you but he does for the animals being kept

p.p.s. he is in love with melissa kaplin... he wants to lick her body down

Last edited:

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
He reminds me of my ex, my ex would say things and sound so rude about it, it would drive me CRAZY! I always asked him, why can't you say it in a nicer way, his reply would always be "Why, when it means the same thing, it is your problem if you can't handle it" or something to that effect.

Seamus, you would get along with my ex perfectly :) All, I can say, is you would get a lot more respect from people if you would just reword your posts

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
Jeanne said:
Seamus, you would get along with my ex perfectly :) All, I can say, is you would get a lot more respect from people if you would just reword your posts

I'd get more friendship if I were a coddler. That's not the same thing as respect.

Ian, you made it clear in your first response to my posts on this thread that you didn't want my information. Telling me seven or eight times that you're not interested and in the same post telling me I haven't offered anything you could use seems a bit contradictory. If you want to bring it back to a discussion about the frogs- we can start with my statement that a healthy weight can be easily assessed by the tympanic roll and the visible tympanum and go from there. If you do not want to get it back to the frog and would like to talk about my tendency to make glaring social gaffes (it's really not an inability to play nice folks, it's an unwillingness) then feel free to talk about what a cruel jerk I am without mentioning that you don't want me to talk with you about frogs. I get it. I got it the first time. It was reinforced the second and third. Four and on make me wonder if you keep bringing it up so that I'll have the care conversation without you having to admit the weight problem.

Incidentally- an assessment of an animal is not identical to a personal insult. I have no hard numbers to back this up, but just judging by many of the photos I see posted online- many of the whites tree frogs kept in captivity become obese into adulthood. It's largely due to the seasonal variations they see in the wild, the periods of aestivation and comparatively short periods where food is most readily avaliable have resulted in an animal that has a very efficient digestive system and tends to quickly build up fatty reserves as a counterpoint to the weather enforced periods of starvation as prey avaliability drops. It's a very common problem with the species and simply owning a frog which is obese is not something that casts the owner in a really negative light. Refusing to acknowledge or even investigate the problem when it is raised though- THIS is a symptom of stupidity.

Edit: Incidentally, most the white's tree frogs I see in person do not have a weight problem- because I am there to yell at the owner when they do. Just wanted to mention this in case any assumptions were made by the statement where I am assessing the larger captive pool based in part by photos online. Online photos are limited in scope and are certainly NOT what I am using as the basis for saying the frog ian posted was overweight; merely that the number of overweight frogs may be taken as an indicator that weight problems are fairly common with the species. Wouldn't want anyone to start discussing the inverse of any given statement and applying it to me as a position I support.

Last edited:

robin

jeane the thing about seamus is he doesnt care of someone likes him or not. i am sure that he is not fond of the human race at all. if someone choses to take his suggestions or ask for more info, so be it but if they don't then it's not his problem, he dpesn't care. he isa not trying to get anyones respect, if people chose to respect him thats fine but isnt looking for it or even wanting it for that matter. that's seamus

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
robin said:
jeane the thing about seamus is he doesnt care of someone likes him or not. i am sure that he is not fond of the human race at all. if someone choses to take his suggestions or ask for more info, so be it but if they don't then it's not his problem, he dpesn't care. he isa not trying to get anyones respect, if people chose to respect him thats fine but isnt looking for it or even wanting it for that matter. that's seamus

No kidding, when people start to really like you as a person, they somehow feel entitled to make demands of you. Then you're forced to abuse them of the notion that the things they feel are mutually reciprocated in order to break them of the first habit. Then they feel a need to cry and demand an apology, as if the actions immediately prior to their sobbing didn't indicate that an apology or any consideration for their thoughts and feelings was the last thing they were going to get.

All in all I much preffer it when people don't like me but take the time to pay attention when I speak, even if they don't agree. It's a lot less messy in the long run.

KelliH

For the record, I feel that legitimate criticisms are perfectly fine here, as are heated discussions. That is how we learn. However, personal attacks and insults are not necessary. So far, I do not really see any of that in this thread. Carry on.

Ian S.

So lets put this into english terms for folks. Your willing to throw subjective criticism but one must be a hundred percent A- OK with your rude arrogant remarks, In order to get some help from you first. So lets see here... (taking notes) one must belittle the friendly opposition first, act as a superior dictator second (got it) and last but not least attribute absolutely nothing knowledgable of the sort after imposing what a great and powerfull OZ you are. UUUhuh lesson two. "have a lesson 2 pls??"

Last edited:

Visit our friends