What the heck are these??????

reps4life

my mom wont bite. She doesnt allow me to order anything not even with my money. She doesnt like of overly complicated i make things. I CANT STAND HER! she belives that crickets are crickets and trying to say else wise is impossible. Maybe ill just be picky at the store next time. I only have a container big enough for 3 dozen right now and he goes through that in 2.5 weeks easy. At what age do you think i can cut him down to every other day feedings? or is it just full grown? (he will always have meallies)

I tend to read over post I have written to make sure my lack of sleep does not get the best of me or I did not miss anything.
It's preferable to feed geckos under 6 inches smaller meals verses larger meals due to the fact they have a tendancy to overeat and regurgitate.
So take size in concideration. Maybe breeding your own would be best to prevent parasite issues since you are not able to purchase from a reputable source.

grboxa

JUST feeding mealworms is not a great idea..theres alot of other feeders with better nutrional value that should be fed to your pet...its best if you switch up feeders, dont take the easy way out.

Last edited:

Dimidiata

Russel, Mealworms are lower in essential nutrition then crickets and can be harder to digest, they also dont gut load as well. Variety is key.
In other news, picked up 40 new hatched crickets(ranging from .5cm to 3cm) there in a 5gal keeper with food and water for now. Ima grow em up. Feed em good and hopefuly be able to breed. I hear all i really need is a little dish of damp substrate for themm to lay eggs in?

Last edited:

gecko4245

I was doing my weekly cleaning of rangos cage and when i lifted his humid hide there were little white eggs all over the sides of it. They reminded me of little grains of rice less then a Cm long. I dont have any flys or bugs inside my house that ive seen. there was a little gnat looking thing in my cricket cage last week but i cleand it out and its empty right now.

EDIT, now i just look at his little picece of chola wood and theres little black bumps all over it. Im goin to do a Full scale clean out and dissinfect everything again(just did 12 days ago) normaly i do it every 2 weeks anyways. I clean his tank out 1-2 times each week by removing poo, replacing calcium and humidhide substrates.

Last edited:

Dimidiata

UH YES I MIND. Get your own thread! Im not intrested in how more then one gecko should be housed. I have 1, will forever have 1 and thats it. Most of us on here know the way a gecko should be housed and how to do multiples.

gecko4245

sorry, thought you would have like to see them that's all. I thought you was going to say that's fine.

Last edited:

Dimidiata

a public thread centered on one subject, nothing to do with what you posted. I have great respect for my elders, just not the rude ones. DONT treat me like im a child, i can think and act on the same level as you and many of my elders.

gecko4245

a public thread centered on one subject, nothing to do with what you posted. I have great respect for my elders, just not the rude ones. DONT treat me like im a child, i can think and act on the same level as you and many of my elders.

I was never rude to you. I thought you would had like to see the video of the leos. if it was my thread I would not care. You are acting like a child by responding in that fashion with an atitude over something little that wa meant for you to enjoy.

have a good day.

Dimidiata

It wasnt pertaining anything to this thread. You wanted views and responces to the video, nothing to do with me. I dont want to see leos in a big tank, i wanted opinions on my issue. Its like your car breaks down and the mechanic is only intrested in selling you a train. I told you in your email that the tank was nice but i dont see how it kills you to get your own thread. And i bet if it was your thread you would care. WHATEVER it doesnt matter anymore, we have managed to throw this thread of track so let me post a relevebt question.

My babbies arnt eating what they should be, is there a specific food that young crickets need or is best for their growth?

gecko4245

It wasnt pertaining anything to this thread. You wanted views and responces to the video, nothing to do with me. I dont want to see leos in a big tank, i wanted opinions on my issue. Its like your car breaks down and the mechanic is only intrested in selling you a train. I told you in your email that the tank was nice but i dont see how it kills you to get your own thread. And i bet if it was your thread you would care. WHATEVER it doesnt matter anymore, we have managed to throw this thread of track so let me post a relevebt question.

My babbies arnt eating what they should be, is there a specific food that young crickets need or is best for their growth?

i didn't get any email, lol have you tried high calcium cricket food?

Dimidiata

this explains soooo much. I sent a message back to you but im guessing it got lost in connection. My LPS has cricket food but its price is ^^^^^ im wondering if i cant feed spinach and zuchini. The big question is if i need to boil the zuchini for them.

Visit our friends