Underwoodisaurus (Nephrurus) milii?

G

GekkoBreeds

So, I've heard different sayings about this specie/s, and want to make sure. Is it the same gecko?

I'm searching hard for a nice female to my male. :) The pic's a bit crappy.

024.jpg

Haroldo

Fredrick, that appears to be Underwoodisauris milli of the eastern locality. As far as I know the classification of milli is still in the Underwoodisaurus genus, but there is still some debate to it. Quite a spectacular animal you have.
-Harold

G

GekkoBreeds

Haroldo said:
Fredrick, that appears to be Underwoodisauris milli of the eastern locality. As far as I know the classification of milli is still in the Underwoodisaurus genus, but there is still some debate to it. Quite a spectacular animal you have.
-Harold
Thanks for the info!
So if I find a nice female that's labored Nephrurus milii, it's actually the same specie? :main_yes: (just checking that I got it all right)

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
What a beautiful U. milii!!! They used to ble classified as Nephrurus milii, but now have been re-calssified as Underwoodisaurus milii. Essentially, they are the same specie.

G

GekkoBreeds

Golden Gate Geckos said:
What a beautiful U. milii!!! They used to ble classified as Nephrurus milii, but now have been re-calssified as Underwoodisaurus milii. Essentially, they are the same specie.
Thank you, twice. :)

Haroldo

GekkoBreeds said:
Thanks for the info!
So if I find a nice female that's labored Nephrurus milii, it's actually the same specie? :main_yes: (just checking that I got it all right)

Actually, you have to be careful with that. There are at least two localities in the hobby (I work with both the southern and the eastern form) and they should not by hybridized. There are some distinctions between the two forms including size and pattern. Make sure the animal you are getting is also another of the eastern form. Good luck!

robin

harold, what are the differences (more exact) between the two? do you have photos for a visual reference?

Haroldo

robin said:
harold, what are the differences (more exact) between the two? do you have photos for a visual reference?

Robin,
I'll try to get pics of both forms, but it'll be a while--I'm packing up and moving everything (including the reptiles) this upcoming week. Stay tuned...

G

GekkoBreeds

Haroldo said:
Actually, you have to be careful with that. There are at least two localities in the hobby (I work with both the southern and the eastern form) and they should not by hybridized. There are some distinctions between the two forms including size and pattern. Make sure the animal you are getting is also another of the eastern form. Good luck!
Got it, thanks!
I am also excited for photos. :main_yes:

G

GekkoBreeds

How 'bout that explanation Haroldo? I'm really excited. :grin2:

trizzypballr

wow, this U mili is crazy. It looks like a N. Levis Levis with a U mili tail to me. Anyone else see this or is it just my untrained eye leading me astray?

G

GekkoBreeds

:yes: He's really special to me. Got him at a really low price too. ;)
I just hope I can find a female that fits him, or at least a eastern one..

G

GekkoBreeds

Here's another pic on him:

01-093.jpg

I got a problem.. I can't find a female for him! I just find south specimens.. :(

Haroldo

Fredrik,

I have some additional milli specimens arriving tomorrow, so I will likely take the time to photograph the two types. I know of someone with some surplus easterns right now, but I have a hard time getting them in the U.S. Stay tuned...

Visit our friends