This is what happens when I'm sick and bored...

Gopherhockey03

I have the worst cold ever and can't sleep... Looked in my garage and had some polystyrene and my new 20 gallon long so thought hey lets make a background! Here it is!!!! Resampled_2012-01-08_01-11-59_538.jpg Resampled_2012-01-08_01-11-35_577.jpg

Amanda1

3 Year Member
Wow, you are awesome! That looks really cool. I'm sick right now too and all I've been doing is sleeping! (PS - try Nyquil, it's amazing, and it makes you sleep)

Gopherhockey03

Yes I do it the same way as him except I only use two coats of grout. But yes it's really messy but it's fun and cheap! So far I've mad a huge 4'X2'X2' Leopard Gecko enclosure (girlfriend's and mines project). The custom crested gecko enclosure which you can see on here. And i have made a lot of hides which are fun to make! But if you need any help just ask :)

Katherine

3 Year Member
I wish I had a backyard or garage to do that...I love making something out of nothing. I did make my RES turtle an above the tank basking platform though, but that project wasn't messy so I did it indoors.

Gopherhockey03

I guess i'm a neat freak so to a normal person it wasn't that messy... You could do it in a kitchen easily if you layed down some cardboard to grout and paint on. It's super easy and cheap. $10 for grout... $5 for polystyrene... and $4 for Power grab... And $5 for mod podge! And paint it if you want for less than $5.

Gopherhockey03

O the only thing that I wouldn't want to inhale is the Polystyrene. But other than that the power grab drys instantly! And the acrylic paint and grout are is non toxic! Pretty safe =)

Geckomaster743

Wow, you are awesome! That looks really cool. I'm sick right now too and all I've been doing is sleeping! (PS - try Nyquil, it's amazing, and it makes you sleep)
If there was a Medicine that i hated for Colds its Nyquill!!! :( And Great Job with the Back round!

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Nice background! What a great project to do while you have some down time! Do you have any photos of the rest of the build?`

Gopherhockey03

It's sitting as is right now I haven't started the grouting yet its been a busy week with school and such! But I'll post other pics from grouting to painting to finished project!

Visit our friends