Thermostat, how do I set it up?

Moppel

I went and bought two thermostats from Pet co today, the only ones I could find here, but the instructions are a joke and I'm a bit at a loss here.
I bought a Zilla 1000W one (well, two). I checked the temp on the warm side of the male leo's tank again, and it said 109 degrees, but the cool side is now down to 69 degrees, that was at 75 yesterday. Anyway, I'm not sure on how to set up the thermostat, especially where to put the probe. I hung the probe over the side and layed it on the inside of the warm hide, by the wall, flat on the slate. Then I hung the controller part on the outside of the tank. I plugged the pad into the thermostat and the thermostat into the power outlet. The "power" light on the unit is on, the "heatsource" light is not, which it shouldn't be anyway, since I need to lower the temperature on that side.
Did I do that right? That suction cup, do I attach it to the probe itself, or do I need to pull the probe all the way through the suction cup? It's very tight. And then what do I do with the suction cup?

Also, since the cool side is getting a bit chilly now, is that going to get a lot colder when the temperature on the warm side drops?
Thanks!

z.JPG

Moppel

Ugh, I just checked the temperature of the slate with my temp gun, and the temp on the warm side is now down to 90 degrees inside the house, and around 83 outside the house. The cool side is still at 69 degrees. The thermostat has not kicked in, although it's set to 95 degrees. I tried setting it higher, and still nothing is happening. I guess I'll take them back to the store and then order the one you guys recommend from Amazon. Gah!

Visit our friends