RIP Sara

Laura Fopiano

BnL Exotix
My little min pin Sara lost her battle with illness on May 30th of this year. Sara was 12 years old.

A little history on this dog is needed. I bred her mother and she delivered 3 pups. I kept one female and Sara was very heavy bodied and thick like her father. At that time I had her mother Sugar Baby and a female doberman Sadie. The pack mentality set in with these female dogs and Sara was constant victim of the dobie and even her own mother. SHe was like the little fat kid on the play ground at school and was over weight....her genetics worked against her.

We adopted a male dog Sammy to stop the attack and it did. Unfortantly Sara retreated into her own little dog world. She stayed in my step daughter's room. My step daughter over fed witch only added to her weight problems. SHe was so fat that we loving nick named her Pooh Bear because she looked like winnie the pooh.

Sara was an odd little dog. She didn't play with toys like the other dogs did, but she had the unique ability to sit up straight on her hind legs while she was attempting to beg for food or get your attention for affection.

When she as about 7 years old I thought I would train her do a "pooh bear"
on command. After weeks of work and training she did!

When I went through my divorce Sugar baby and Sara went with me. Sara witnessed her mother getting hit by a car after ony living in my nwe place for 3 weeks and once again retreated in the world of "pooh bear" She was depressed and morned for over a month. I purchase a liltte baby tiny toy poodle to possibly help Sara and moslty myself to over come our loss.

SHe started to perk up some. but didn't really want much to do with Phoenix the interloper.

The big changes came when I moved to Ga. both the dogs had the best seat in the truck while driving cross country.

WHen I arrived in my home, Sara became a different dog. We live on 35 acres and she had never been to a place like this. She began running, jumping, playing, and chasing the tree rats (Bryon's nick name for squirrels) It was such treat to see Sara turn into a real dog.

The last 15 months of Sara's life were clearly the best ones. Rest in peace my sweet little girl.....and a pic of her famous "pooh bear"

L

LadyGecko

Laura-I am so very sorry for your losses-both Sara and her mother Sugar Baby
I know how very difficult that it is to lose a dog

They are not only our most treasured companions but truly they are our best friends

RIP Sara and Sugar Baby

Sandy

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Ohhhh... Laura! I'm heartsick for you. Our beloved animals are like family members, and it's a horrible feeling when they will no longer be with us. I'm sure there will be many bitersweet moments when you remember all the joy they brought you. Good-bye, little 'Pooh'.

Visit our friends