Reptile Carpet Issue

Bordois

I was using dessert sand for 6 months. I got it from a petshop. Then I read on the internet that the sand is dangerous for geckos. So I decided to buy a reptile carpet. But there isn't any reptile carpet in my country. So I thought artificial turf looks the same and I bougth that. What bothers me is the base. It looks like rubber. Does it melt if I put a heating pad under the artificial turf? Or does it heat underneath the rubber thing? Sorry about my bad English. These are the pictures of the thing I bought:

img01514201208222149.jpg

img01513201208222149.jpg

ArolescaTheGecko

I am not sure if that would be the same sense turf tends to be prickly, but until you find out if you can use it put down paper towel, it's safe and easy to clean

DrCarrotTail

I don't think it would melt - your heating pad should only be about 100 degrees and turf is made to sit outside during some pretty hot summers.

That said, I'm not sure how different it is from the carpet made specifically for reptiles. It may have chemicals in it that aren't good for them. I've also seen some other people comment about their gecko's toes getting stuck in the carpet or the geckos trying to get underneath the carpet. I would recommend checking out some slate tile. It looks nice and naturalistic and is easy to clean. Paper towels are a great idea and make cleaning super easy but aren't quite as aesthetic if you're going for an awesome looking tank.

Visit our friends