Redstripe?

Y-jor

How does redstripe work? Cause sometimes when i see baby's from redstripe they are black speckled stripes and sometimes the have a speckled. How is that?

O

okapi

Im lost... whats the difference between a black speckled and a speckled ?

Its polygentic so there is alot of variability, but I dont quite understand your question.

Y-jor

How does the red stripe work? i dont get it somtimes you get realy nice red striep and somties you get black redstripes if you know what I meen.

CoolGeckos

Deaf Herper
Sometime, they darken up as age or growing up but black is more of dark brown... Usually hormones that cause color changes when matures or after breeding. I hate when that happens.

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
Well a "Red" Stripe does not have black stripes they are orange, the other ones are just "Stripes" not "Red" ones. Nothing is perfect. It is true some RS will turn color after breeding or with age, so they then look more like the plain "Stripes".

The nicer your Red Stripes are that produce them, the nicer the babies will be. Nice Red Stripes shouldnt make too many of the more plain variety, though.

Also, say you are breeding Redstripe to Stripe, you would get a mix of both Stripe and Redstripe. If you were breeding the more plain Stripes, from Redstripes together, then you could get a smaller amount of "Red Stripes" because they carry those genes. That is how a "linebred" trait works (you reading this Kyle?:main_laugh: )

Visit our friends