Quarantine setup

Brewboy74

Gecko Power
Currently I have a 20 L, my display tank, with a single young gecko on it right now. I am plannin on adding to the collection later this fall. I am considering purchasing a 3 bin adult rack to use for the new additions. Just not sure what to use for the quarantine process. How isolated do the new leo's need to be? Any sugestions on how to work this would be geatly apprciated.

Taquiq

JK Herp
Quarantine tanks should be as basic as can be. Obviously 1 leo per tank. Don't let it come into contact with any other animals. Paper towel substrate, Small hide, humid hide, and a water bowl. Don't get any naturalistic things because it is hard to detect the enclosure for parasites. Quarantine should be at 2-6 months.

Brewboy74

Gecko Power
My specific question is how to handle this tank wise. I will have a 3 adult rack and a 20 L to work with. How isolated does the quarantined animal need to be? Would it be ok to keep it in a slot in the rack or will it have to be comletely separated. How do breeders with large collections handle isolation.

Visit our friends