Newbie with a couple questions

Gexx750

Hey everyone, I just found this site and I'm really impressed, I was scrolling through some of the pictures and you guys have some really cool geckos. However I don't have one yet Im really interested in getting one and I just had a few questions for some of the more veteran owners. Firstly, my favorite color is red and I would really like to get a red gecko, is there a species that has a prodominately red color or is it just a pigment with the parent it has, like genetics. Also what is the best type of habitat to have, I understand it needs to be a good size and I need to provide the little guy some heat, but as far as ground is sand or bark better. Thanks for any information.

GodzillaGecko

There is a link to caresheets ontop of the site. Also you can ask all the crazy questions you want.

Depends on the gecko you want for colorvariation. Leopard geckos come in a orange red color. I know Crested have a red morph as well. You'll have to dig into your pockets for those colors as they are "designer" for the most part. I know a few other species has red in it.

Habitat depends on gecko species. You should tell us which species you are looking at before we can give you any advice on proper habitat. I'm here for the Leo's but I've bred tokay's back in the day. And baby sat a few other gecko species so I can help you out with some of the others. But tell us a specific gecko species you are hoping to get and we'll give you answers.

DrCarrotTail

You might want to post this in a section related to leopard geckos (this one is for general website technical issues) - more people will respond there :)

Visit our friends