loner gecko

decko

any ideas how to entice gecko out of his cave,my gecko seem to stay there all day bar the odd look out or wen i feed him.I use heat stone to no avail.Bulb used is sunglo.would a stronger bulb work or maybe climbing stick??

My gecko has a big shell he likes to climb in. Geckos pretty much sleep all day, so it is natural for him to stay there. Heat stones are not good for geckos they can burn the gecko if he goes on it. My gecko does not like climbing much he has a lot of opportunities to climb and he doesn't, so don't waste money on a climbing stick. I'm not sure about the bulb.

GodzillaGecko

Go with a UTH but Leo's like dusk and dawn the best and are usually active through out the night. You won't see him most of the day. Use a red or blue florescent bulb (depending on size of tank depends on wattage) to view him during his evening run. And William brings up a very important point..Heat rocks (hot rocks) are dangerous to all reptiles. They will burn the reptile. They also wear down faster so wires poke through and well ZAP! Go with the UTH (Under tank heater) its safer.

DrCarrotTail

Everything the other folks have said is true! Get an under tank heater ASAP.

Geckos don't like bright light much so if you have a daylight bulb over his tank its probably making him hide more.

GodzillaGecko

yeah I have but we need to answer and help out where we see a problem us members don't have a choice unless we want to hear about gecko's dieing.

Russellm0704

yeah I have but we need to answer and help out where we see a problem us members don't have a choice unless we want to hear about gecko's dieing.

Just wish we could find a better way to direct them towards the correct forum. It has never been a problem since I've been here and it's a monkey see, monkey do situation.

Visit our friends