Juvie Leo gecko and mealworms feeding

maximusx6910

Is it okay for the juveniles to eat as many meal worms as they want?
I don't want to overfeed them, if that is possible?
I buy the 50 sized med. meal worms, but it doesn't seem to phase them.
Should i feed them as long as their are willing? I use to keep a bowl with mealworms in them, but im afraid that one will eat all of them, without the other even touching them leading to unfair feeding and etc. haha ( One of them was eating them ALL haha)
Don't get me wrong i'm not cheap, but its a 20min drive to the closest place for worms, or the right sized crickets, and i think we can all agree CRICKETS ARE A MESS. Should i move to a larger size mealworm? ( i don't think they are large enough yet) Or just buy more? Or is there a place to buy in bulk? or is mealworm breeding a good investment?
Any suggestions, or methods that you use would be GREAT!

GeckoTrouble

I personally go by the idea that juvies should be allowed to eat as much as they want.
If you are afraid that one will eat all and the other get none, then it sounds like it's time to seperate them.

I have two leos who's first owner kept them together for 9 months before I got them. One is still on the small side, had MBD when I got him and is now blind. The other one is a big strapping boy with no issues and very very mild mbd when I got him.

It is far far safer and better for the geckos to live separate

maximusx6910

Its not that he is eating them all, im just saying one ventures more than the other, basically he would find them before the other would even know they were there. haha
I feed them seperate so each gets the same amount. Im saying if i start leaving them in the cage. them being mealies

Visit our friends