Just finished building a rack.

IMacBevan

Don't mean to start a war here, but I've been using back heat in my racks from day one and had no issues (at least not heat related issues). Digestion seems normal, the end results all seem normal, breeding and fecundity are on the rise (this initial problem was due to supplementation issues I think). I think the bigger issue is finding out what works for you and your animals. Keep in mind we are all adaptable species (within certain ranges).

Ian
Silver Rose Reptiles

L

LadyGecko

Brian- I would love to see pics of your rack setup
Please post some so I can get some ideas as I am going to have my bf and his brothers build the case for the sweater boxes that I am getting

Ian- if your system is working for you then that's great- Actually I think that I have read from other people that they use back heat on their racks instead of from heat from below
Since I am using sweater boxes to start out with- I will go with the uth's that I have for now and see how that works and maybe make improvements from there
I agree that adaptation is a good thing-both in reptiles and people-lol
Sandy

IMacBevan

Sandy,

Don't know if this helps but here are a couple of pictures of my racks. They utilize several sizes of boxes - sterilite and rubbermaid sweaterboxes, shoeboxes and bootboxes.
herproom2.jpg

herproom6.jpg

Hope it helps,

Ian

L

LadyGecko

WOW- and yes-it helps a lot
and that is great herp room
Thank you so very much Ian
:D
Sandy

IMacBevan

Thanks,

The last thing I need to install is the flooring, which I'm hoping to get done in this upcomming year. I've got a vendor who sells a product similar to the mats they use in horse stalls except it is only an 1/4" thick (stall matts are 3/4"). It is designed for use in dog kennels so it is impervious to spills, is comfortable to stand on and looks rather nice (although it is black).

After that I only have some trim and electrical work to do and then I can call that project finished. YEAH!

Ian

gixxer3420

WEll i got my thermostat in the mail yesterday and I got my heat tape in today. Finally have my rack all together and working great. Decided to ditch the back tape and I used the belly tape S'ing the tape through the rack, had to cut the slits to accomplish this. Racks all back together adn has my geckos in it. I actually have one empty sweater box, i have 1.3 in each sweater box, well in 2 of them and then just .3 in the other tub. yup I need to get 3 more females and one more male to full my rack up but that will probably have to wait, unless I go to the hamburg show. i will post pics up soon.

gixxer3420

rack pic

Ok I think I have th right pic down loaded. here is the final pic of my rack up and running. not a bery good pic but I think you will get the idea. This was my entertainment room but now its slowly being turned into my herp room. Now all i have to do is get my dvds, and entertainment system out of there and i will have tons more wall space for more racks.

Visit our friends