infrared Temp Gun

2leos83

i am looking for a good infrared Temp Gun. just wanted to know if the Pro exotics are worth the money or if i should just go out to a radio shack and pick somthing up?

supremegecko

Wally - Supreme Gecko
I've purchased from Raytek before. They have excellent equipment. Pro Exotics have a wonderful, inexpensive gun as well.

Herpcam

I have one of the early Pro Exotics temp guns and it has worked great for a few years. I think it was about $25-29 at the time. They have even cheaper ones at tempgun.com now. If they're selling them, I'd like to think they'll do the job for you. I think the Raytek's run a bit more expensive.

A

Aunt J

Anyone know anything about the reliability of the ExTech infrared thermometer from Radio Shack? I bought mine today because I didn't want to wait for the mail, and stupidly thought it must be okay b/c it was like $80, but now that I've gotten it home and read the instructions, it says it's only guaranteed accurate within 6 degrees. Is this normal or unacceptable? Six degrees seems like a lot when measuring hot spots.

supremegecko

Wally - Supreme Gecko
6 degrees is not acceptable.
I've never calibrated my equipment but am confident that they are within a degree if not right on.

I wonder if the 6 degrees is at the min max levels while normal levels it might be accurate.

Visit our friends