How long before eating?

Nahph1

I had my first clutch hatch last week and was wondering how long it usually is before they should eating. Hatchling #1 starting eating no problem after its first poo, but #2 doesnt seem interested. Its also had its first shed and poo but doesnt want the mealies. She is now 8 days old. I try tweezer feeding, dropping them in front of her, I leave a couple in a shallow,clear, 1/2oz. cup. #1 is eating out of the dish on her own, probally 6-7 small mealies a day.
Is it time I try the slurry? How long before I should be worried(already am).
Dont really want to do crickets, all my geckos eat mealies.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Usually after their first shed is when they start eating. My slurry will only delay their feeding response, so feeding them a few small crickets is actually a better idea to stimulate them. Also, try throwing a few small mealworms down in front of them, or inside their hide, so they can watch them wiggle. Once they start eating on their own, they'll find the mealworm bowl!

Nahph1

how small

How small of crickets should I try? Like pinhead or just small?:main_huh:
If she takes the crickets, will she want to switch back to mealies?

Nahph1

Finally

Finally she starting eating. I went out and bought some small crickets and she could of cared less! So I just left her a few mealies in the dish and when I stopped home from work 3 were gone! I'm so glad. Thanks everyone for your help.:main_thumbsup:

Visit our friends