Gecko Feeding Problem

Bordois

At first I was putting the meal worm on some flat place and he was cacthing it. Then i started to give him the mealworm by hand but not force feeding. I was just grabbing my gecko and the mealworm and when he sees the worm he grabs it from my hand. But later, he started to not eating. I tried to do the same thing bu he turned his head every time. But that's not the main problem. When I put the worm on somewhere, he was trying to eat but he can't catch it anymore. He sometimes able to catch it but drops it immediately. It wasn't like that before. Is there anything I can do besides force feeding him for the rest of his life?

That_DL_Kid

There are tons of different food items to offer your gecko. Have you tried things like superworms, and crickets for the staple food? Then things like waxworms, butterworms, and pinkie mice can be fed as treats. I have a few geckos that will only eat crickets and others that only eat mealworms.

Is its tail still fat and healthy looking? If it is I wouldn't worry unless he is losing weight.

Also what are your temps? A cold gecko usually doesn't eat.
Force feeding should be your last option in my opinion.

Bordois

No his tail is slim. It was fatter before. I tried different things too. But he just can't catch the bugs or worms. The temprature is 31°C right now.

Last edited:

Visit our friends