Gecko behavior

L

lenny514

My leopard gecko Lenny, has been going under the rug we have at the bottom of his tank when he has two perfectley fine shelters above the rug that he used to use all the time.
If anyone has an explanation to why he might be acting this way, please tell me.

L

lenny514

i dont know the exact temperatures

thanks for the greeting but im not completely new to this, i just forgot my old password and username

Friedbread

Ok. Well step one is to get a thermometer to monitor the temps in his tank. I think perhaps it is too cold for him and he is trying to get closer to the heat (that is, if your heater is under the tank) or he may be too hot and be trying to escape the heat (if the heat source is from above.) He may also just be being silly like geckos often are. lol

L

lenny514

i just put a thermometer in.
i have heat coming from the top and bottom but they are both on the same side of his 20 gal. tank so if he is too hot then he can just got to the other side of the tank.

i lined the shelters up with where he is under the rug and he still wont use them.

my main worry is that the crickets are not getting under the rug to him so he now is not eating as much as he used too.

L

lenny514

the temp where he is hiding is about 75 F

ive tried weighing down the edges of the rug before and he keeps trying to get under and im worried he will hurt himself.

it is much warmer in other areas of the tank.

Visit our friends