equipment and gear...

N

nicolenadia

I pretty much use a Canon 20D like others in this thread. I also use a Sigma 8 mm fish eye, but with the digital verses film conversion ratio, I don't get as wide as I could with film. I don't really go field herping (YET), so I havn't gone outside of my studio or my bedroom to photograph my reptiles. I also use a Mamyia 645 TL Pro for the pro work I do, so perhaps I will set up a table top soft box and try shooting with the 120 film. All I have is a website, which is still in progress, with my pro work, but I havn't added any reptile photos, so its of no use to you. But all i can say is, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE and try out lots of different lighting and lenses and so forth. And get photoshop.....lol. If I decide to try out the film approach, I'll post up the pics. Digital and film have two totally different looks. If you want to get real artsey on the cheap, try a plastic HOLGA with 120 film and photograph your geckos outside. Real artsy.....$40 for a holga, cheaper on ebay. But I don't reccomend it if you want images for a gecko business....but Artsy gecko photos framed would look cool on any wall.
-Nicole

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SteveB

Fuji S3Pro with either Nikkor 18-200mm VR or 50/1.4 as my primary lenses... the 18-200 is the best walkabout lens you could ask for, and the 50/1.4 is great for shooting with available light.

Visit our friends