Enclosure Tank

Gopherhockey03

Hey I would like to get one more little Leo. But I only have a 10 gallon tank! could I use a 40 gallon plastic storage bin as a Quarantine tank for awhile or can you only use glass tanks?

Amanda1

3 Year Member
I don't see why you couldn't use it as long as you maintain the correct temps... It's pretty easy to find 5-10 gallons on craigslist though. I always keep an extra 1 or 2 around just in case!

jfreemo75

3 Year Member
Hey I would like to get one more little Leo. But I only have a 10 gallon tank! could I use a 40 gallon plastic storage bin as a Quarantine tank for awhile or can you only use glass tanks?

Many breeders actually use plastic containers all the time for their enclosures. As long as the temps are maintained and you put holes in it for air, you should be fine.

Taiga

3 Year Member
Some reptiles even prefer those plastic bins as they are semi-transparent and it gives them more privacy. I keep all my hatchlings in tubs, and as they grow older (if I do not sell them) they move to glass tanks.

Just be sure to have holes in it, and properly heat it. Here is a link to how I keep it ventilated http://sunstatereptiles.webs.com/enclosuressetups.htm you just have to scroll down a little. I will get updated photos of how I do it soon :)

Gopherhockey03

Awesome thanks guys =).... I honestly love my Leopard gecko he/shes awesome! My most favorite Reptile ever. I would love to get another soon =)

Visit our friends