egg bound??

gecko breeder

my female is 6 months old and is ovulating, but today i notic she has more than one egg folicals, like 3 or 4, is she egg bound from ovulating?? she did not breed, and she is acting very weird, she is housed with her cluch mat, so is she egg bound.

P

PacHerp

if you could post an image for us to take a look at, that would be very helpful :)

paulnj

Give her a place to lay and she should be fine. While one set is developing, sometimes a second set of folicals will start forming ;)

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
If it's just multiple pink clusters that you're seeing then she's probably re-absorbing the eggs as they start to form. If you can see 2 sets of huge white eggs then you would need to be concerned. A photo would definitely help.

paulnj

I have unbred females(pets) that are laying without being bred, so I added a laybox to make the search for a spot to lay easier.

I

Inland Geckos

i think most animals that are eggbound tend to squat or hunch allot. does yours do that? also you can see if the eggs are joined. usually id say behavior changes would be the big thing to watch out for. also some geckos dont feel comfortable with certain hides when it comes to laying. i had a female prolong laying her eggs for 3-4 months after she laid previously. she ended up laying it in ackward places like in her dry hide and also on the sand in the open. sometimes they just dont care for certain substrates.

L

lil_katiedan

Females that are ovulating can look like their gravid. We have some that look like they have a belly full of pink marbles when they're ovulating and it's perfectly normal. Unless you see large oval shapes on either side of her abdomen, she's probably just one of those females who looks like she's about to lay 12 eggs at once when in reality they're just follicles...Good luck!

Visit our friends