dropped tail-graphic pic

L

LadyGecko

I have absolutely no idea how one of my female Blizz's got out of her tank but I woke up to see my cats in a circle extremely interested in something-which didn't look like they were up to any good
I looked down where they were and sure enough-there was a gecko's tail-in the middle of them
I looked a bit further on the floor and found her and picked her up-she promptly latched onto my hand in between my little and ring finger and would not let go
I finally got her off of me and wrapped my hand-which of course was dripping blood and put her back into a tank
I have no clue as to how she got out-but I put her into a different spare tank so iI could figure that out later-when i am more awake
She is fine-minus her tail-which most likely saved her life
I have never had a leo drop it's tail before- and i was curious as what the inside loked like
for those of you that want to know-
here's a pic

droppedtail1wn1.jpg

W

Wretched

Unfortunately, having worked for a retail corporate petstore where they dont train folks worth a jack, ive seen my share of dropped tail's. They twitch -fooooorreeeeverrrr- after tey've been dropped. ah well, I got out of that job and am now... living off my lovely, beautiful and financially secure fiance till i find work again. (looks over at the 360) I'm very.... motivated... really...

D

dsreptiles

Wretched said:
Unfortunately, having worked for a retail corporate petstore where they dont train folks worth a jack, ive seen my share of dropped tail's. They twitch -fooooorreeeeverrrr- after tey've been dropped. ah well, I got out of that job and am now... living off my lovely, beautiful and financially secure fiance till i find work again. (looks over at the 360) I'm very.... motivated... really...

haha are we brothers? Thats what I've been doing for the last 3 weeks. Saints Row, and Madden 07 on 360 all day long... Waiting for a job to come to me :) I was going to wait untill I move to Florida but now it looks like my house wont be ready to be moved into untill Spring which is fine so my fiance can finish her schooling this year then look for a college down there.

And that really sucks about your gecko. But that's what those little tails are for, and it worked out perfectly. Thank god she's ok though. Probably a little shaken up, but as has already been said keep treating it w/ neosporin, and everything should be ok. I've never delt with dropped tails but it worked great on a pair of male golden geckos I rescued that were kept in the same tank and bit eachothers back feet off. :-/

W

Wretched

dsreptiles said:
haha are we brothers? Thats what I've been doing for the last 3 weeks. Saints Row, and Madden 07 on 360 all day long... Waiting for a job to come to me :)

Pffft, It's all about Oblivion and Dead Rising ;) My lovely fantastic woman makes so much more money than i ever have it makes me sick... in a good way.

Visit our friends