Confusing weight loss

Perefalcon

Jill?????
Since moving 3 of my geckos have lost a strangly large amount of weight...I haven't brought any new animals into my collection since last year and I don't have any of them laying. 2 are under 30 and one that I have had for a very long time is now starting to lose weight. Lack of appetite is also a factor and it is only affecting my 3 adult females. My males and babies are all fine, as are my Cresteds and snakes

P

Paco

If it's only the females. Sounds like they might be ovulating, have you checked to see? A lot of females don't eat while they are ovulating and can loose a lot of weight during this time. Some more than others.

Perefalcon

Jill?????
never had the weight loss during ovulating, especially on Aaliyah. I do doubt that it is still stress, they've been here a while now I was most concerned that it was the move, but Aaliyah was eating fine for a while, then just stopped.

FelanMoira

It might still be the stress ... is the room they're in now in a more heavily trafficked area of the house?

Maybe they get more light from outside and it triggered another ovulation cycle? Keep an eye on them gal!

My Aisling is a tangerine bell HYBINO! ;) those bloodlines carried on well GIRLFRIEND!

Visit our friends