What the heck are these??????

Dimidiata

I was doing my weekly cleaning of rangos cage and when i lifted his humid hide there were little white eggs all over the sides of it. They reminded me of little grains of rice less then a Cm long. I dont have any flys or bugs inside my house that ive seen. there was a little gnat looking thing in my cricket cage last week but i cleand it out and its empty right now.

EDIT, now i just look at his little picece of chola wood and theres little black bumps all over it. Im goin to do a Full scale clean out and dissinfect everything again(just did 12 days ago) normaly i do it every 2 weeks anyways. I clean his tank out 1-2 times each week by removing poo, replacing calcium and humidhide substrates.

Last edited:

Dimidiata

nopes, already gone. Im gonna see if i cant steam everything in the tank. Any tips for cleaning a haldlog hide(i dont wanna boil the wood, can I?) I threw out the chola. There was a dead cricket ender the water dish, couldnt ave been there any longer then 2 days. I checked rango over, no parasites or mites on him. Everythings getting hotwater treatment.

Dimidiata

cricket eggs are grey i belive and crickets like a substrate to bury them in. I think their just fruitfly eggs, i went the extra step and threw out his repti carpet, it was covered. Hes on newspapper now and will have to wait until tomarrow or wensday for anything other then that.

PhoenixCoconut

Phoenix Gecko :)
I used to breed crickets the eggs were white but ya I have never seen a fruit fly egg so it might be:main_huh::main_huh:

reps4life

I was doing my weekly cleaning of rangos cage and when i lifted his humid hide there were little white eggs all over the sides of it. They reminded me of little grains of rice less then a Cm long. I dont have any flys or bugs inside my house that ive seen. there was a little gnat looking thing in my cricket cage last week but i cleand it out and its empty right now.

EDIT, now i just look at his little picece of chola wood and theres little black bumps all over it. Im goin to do a Full scale clean out and dissinfect everything again(just did 12 days ago) normaly i do it every 2 weeks anyways. I clean his tank out 1-2 times each week by removing poo, replacing calcium and humidhide substrates.

Do you feed adult crickets? It sounds like he might have ripped a cricket open and as a result those are cricket eggs. They look like long grains of rice and they are shiny.

Dimidiata

Hmm, i do but havnt in a few days, the thing is, there No way he could have gotten the eggs onto the top and side of the humid hide(upside down butter container) It has a papper towel lining and the eggs were between the papper towel and the plastic. For good measure, i tossed em. Still if the adult crickets got between the lining and the plastic,wich they have before they could have layed. Still i thought they burried their eggs or put them in dirt.

reps4life

Hmm, i do but havnt in a few days, the thing is, there No way he could have gotten the eggs onto the top and side of the humid hide(upside down butter container) It has a papper towel lining and the eggs were between the papper towel and the plastic. For good measure, i tossed em. Still if the adult crickets got between the lining and the plastic,wich they have before they could have layed. Still i thought they burried their eggs or put them in dirt.

They lay their eggs anywhere where there is moisture. I stopped feeding adults for that reason. I like to keep wet paper towels aside from fruits and when I did feed the the adults I would find cricket eggs on the wet paper towel.

Dimidiata

Oh thank god!. Lol, i was fearing the worse. So are they harmful? is there a method of transfering them to a seperate container from now on, i HATE buying crickets every week.

Dimidiata

Unfortunetly both of my lps tend to give me a variety when i ask, while some of them may be smaller a few adults always slip in. One thing is that they normaly give 6-7 extra what i pay for. This is why i dont complain. I kinda want to breed myself so i can have smaller but i guess ill have to wait it out. Perhaps ill switch to suppers.

On a side note, i put some black construction papper down over the news papper to thicken it up to the same thickness as the carpet. Rango seems really estatic about it all.

reps4life

Unfortunetly both of my lps tend to give me a variety when i ask, while some of them may be smaller a few adults always slip in. One thing is that they normaly give 6-7 extra what i pay for. This is why i dont complain. I kinda want to breed myself so i can have smaller but i guess ill have to wait it out. Perhaps ill switch to suppers.

On a side note, i put some black construction papper down over the news papper to thicken it up to the same thickness as the carpet. Rango seems really estatic about it all.

Not sure how much you pay a month, but if these prices are reasonable for you; you might want to give them a try. They last me over a month and remain healthy. Please do not switch over to superworms at least not as stable. Try other feeders if possible.

Last edited:

Dimidiata

my mom wont bite. She doesnt allow me to order anything not even with my money. She doesnt like of overly complicated i make things. I CANT STAND HER! she belives that crickets are crickets and trying to say else wise is impossible. Maybe ill just be picky at the store next time. I only have a container big enough for 3 dozen right now and he goes through that in 2.5 weeks easy. At what age do you think i can cut him down to every other day feedings? or is it just full grown? (he will always have meallies)

reps4life

my mom wont bite. She doesnt allow me to order anything not even with my money. She doesnt like of overly complicated i make things. I CANT STAND HER! she belives that crickets are crickets and trying to say else wise is impossible. Maybe ill just be picky at the store next time. I only have a container big enough for 3 dozen right now and he goes through that in 2.5 weeks easy. At what age do you think i can cut him down to every other day feedings? or is it just full grown? (he will always have meallies)

You can start feeding every other day once they reach six inches. It really does not make a difference as adults. You can just increase the amount per feeding. I don't go by a set schedule. They will not eat by a schedule if they were in the wild:) I rather feed at unexpected times to keep them more active and thriving. I do however keep track of amounts eaten which can be helpful if problems occur.

Last edited:

Dimidiata

thanks, hess been getting 3-4 large but still not adult crickets every day but 1-2 days per week. Plus mealies. I think since he only eats 3-5 crickets a day ill just feed him 4 every other and keep his mealie supply constant. he only eats 4 mealies.

Dimidiata

Lol i feel kinda dumb right now, i hardley ask a question and when i do its just that simple...-_-''' lol. Well i might aswell fallow it all up saying the rango is doing great. I think i see some bulging down below. Hes healthy and eats, no shedding issues ever. Doesnt scream all night. Still HATES being handled. But im not going to pressure him into being a lap gecko, hes at the point where if i need to i can grab him and move him, thats what i concider nesseccary. his tail carroting is a full 40% and increasing, still has faint brown bands(i think hes keeping them, they havnt changed in a month). Lol, kinda looks like a lil orange creamcicle(deffinetly not from what i hear, plus his babby colors).

Visit our friends