BREEDING PROJECTS

spook

The time is getting closer,to start putting my females in groups again. I have some females i grew up from 08 and i have a couple males i wanna introduce.the females are in the 40-50g range. they are all over a year old but are not gaining any more weight. the males are fat eating, healthy and ready. the females are not skinny,just not gaining anymore weight. my question are the females ready to have a male introduced into a group of two - four females? i usually dont introduce my male until december or jan. I can not tell if the females are gravid,probably not i would say. but the females spent about a month or less in the racks with lwoer temps so they got a early cool off period.I NOTICED my mistake and added the heat rope under the tubs now their temps are back up 91deg on their hot spot and around 80 coolside. they are all eating and get their vitamins and calcium.so again would it be ok to add the male?

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
As long as they are over 40gs and eating fine I see no reason why you couldn't add a male. Just monitor closely for weight loss or signs of stress.

Visit our friends