wth happened to my photo gallery?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubblez825

well, this evening i checked my email and i had 8 new messages from Kelli. all the messages said 1 of my pictures had been deleted, each stating a different filename. Now, yesterday night I deleted one of my pictures, but now like 7-8 of them are gone....how???? did they get deleted by one of you mods(just wondering)? or what....idk lolz any help?

~Emily

KelliH

BTW, I gave everyone several months notice before I did this. I know the posts I make in the Announcements forum are not all that exciting but they are always important and need to be read. Do I need to make an Announcement that everyone needs to pay attention to the announcements?! LOL

KelliH

I think with some of the accounts what was happening is that people were uploading realy large images and then the Photo Gallery program would resize them, but the large image still was saved on the server. I did go in and change the options and now all photos have to be 800x600 or smaller. Just doing that should increase the amount of images you can have in the gallery. Remember, you also have a Gallery that you can access through your User CP as well. You are allowed 30 images in that gallery, so between the two I think that's plenty.

bubblez825

I think with some of the accounts what was happening is that people were uploading realy large images and then the Photo Gallery program would resize them, but the large image still was saved on the server. I did go in and change the options and now all photos have to be 800x600 or smaller. Just doing that should increase the amount of images you can have in the gallery. Remember, you also have a Gallery that you can access through your User CP as well. You are allowed 30 images in that gallery, so between the two I think that's plenty.

ah ok that makes more sense lolz.

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
Do I need to make an Announcement that everyone needs to pay attention to the announcements?!

Who's to say THAT would even work! :main_laugh:

bubblez825 said:
wtf happened to my photo gallery?!?!?!

Also, this title is TOTALLY non-appropriate, even if it is an abbreviation, or acronym, or whatever you feel like calling it!!! :main_angry:

F

Foreverandever

It could stand for what the funk, or what the fudge *shrugs* haha

That brings up a good issue though...Im not sure if its in the TOS...but what about acronyms such as "lmao" and "wtf"? Are they allowed since they contain a curse word thats not spelled out?

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
I think we ALL know what the letters mean! :main_rolleyes: So for that reason, your post wasn't really necessary, was it?

Abuse

*The use of profanity is considered a violation of the T.O.S. Please be aware that using the asterik (*) sign or other symbols rather than the letters does NOT make it OK to use profanity here, and is considered breaking the TOS.

I believe that "other symbols" would have a direct relation to acronyms or abbreviations.

F

Foreverandever

There's really no need to be rude... but if you want to get into semantics, I suppose your post about the title wasn't necessary either. I don't see how the title is innapropriate but I guess that may just be me. Anyway, my post was necessary because I was asking if those were against TOS. I saw that it said symbol, but I didnt know if an acronym was considered a symbol

If a mod could answer my original question, I appreciate it :)

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
There's really no need to be rude... but if you want to get into semantics, I suppose your post about the title wasn't necessary either.

First of all, I haven't even begun to be rude. I'm simply expressing my point of view. I think the intent of the acronym is quite clear here. And if it has another meaning as you point out, then why not type it out all the way?

And by the way, It absolutely was necessary. I'm a father, and certain language to the young audience isn't appropriate. If you don't like my opinion, that's your right!

I don't see how the title is innapropriate but I guess that may just be me.

You don't even have to be looking at the post to see the abreviation. If it's at the top of the list, then it's visible to all that view the opening forums page.

Anyway, my post was necessary because I was asking if those were against TOS. I saw that it said symbol, but I didnt know if an acronym was considered a symbol

An acronym would be a way to circumvent a curse word. Otherwise, like I said earlier, why not type it out?

F

Foreverandever

An acronym would be a way to circumvent a curse word. Otherwise, like I said earlier, why not type it out?

Well Im guessing this is a moot subject now since Mrs. Boss Lady said they were allowed

*that was said to everyone in general, not just aimed at you ink...just used your quote as a backboard* :)

KelliH

I use acronyms all the time myself and have since I began posting on the 'Net and I think making the use of them a violation is just a bit too much. If it becomes a huge problem and other members complain about it that could change in the future.

F

Foreverandever

I use acronyms all the time myself and have since I began posting on the 'Net and I think making the use of them a violation is just a bit too much. If it becomes a huge problem and other members complain about it that could change in the future.

Maybe do a poll and see if it should be against TOS? Although I think most would vote to keep it allowed

KelliH

OK, the staff has discussed it and the use of acronyms containing the abbreviation "F" for the F word is no longer going to be allowed. LMAO and wth is fine, just no "F Word" acronyms, please. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Visit our friends