Why did the chat change?

sk8ergrl927

I recently noticed that there were a few chat room changes. Im not sure how others feel, but I am saddened by this. When I first joined, the chat room is what made me feel welcomed. I made lots of friends on it and had a few good laughs. This thread is not to bash the administrators about their decision, but to enlighten them to why we all loved the old chat.

for me:

The welcome noise really did help when you had the chat minimized. Especially if someone was trying to converse with you, and you forgot you had the chat opened

The different text text colors helped me differentiate the people. Its hard when you are having a convo with a certain person and all the text looks the same. I thought it added a little bit of character too.

These are the two that bothered me. what bothered yall?

Neo.Reptiliac

I dont really miss the welcome sounds. But I do miss the text color option. I miss having my pink text T.T

RangoDango

Tokay Freak
id like to see the colors put back as well, as for the other stuff, ehh the /nick thing is lame thats its gone, especially when it was used by some to establish their real names, id like to see that back but oh well

ElapidSVT

lolwut?
i liked the announcement. dropping the 'svt' from my nick helped recuce the number of questions. lol. colors help differentiate between who's chatting and makes it simpler to follow a conversation in a crowded rooom. the font sizes were helpful since i'm half blind and can't easily read the default text size.

:confused:

Neo.Reptiliac

Found out the reason why they switched our chat is cause they got the free version. Before they where using the professional version that they didnt have to pay anything for.

BalloonzForU

I too miss the colors for text and the sounds. :(

id like to see the colors put back as well, as for the other stuff, ehh the /nick thing is lame thats its gone, especially when it was used by some to establish their real names, id like to see that back but oh well

There was an announcement a while back that using the /nick feature was a bannable offence, so it's probably good thing.

ReptileMan27

I was gonna make a new thread in this section but it wont let me for some reason.. I am wondering if anyone else is having problems?. I keep having to log in which I do not normally have to do.. I also can not send PMs all the sudden and create new topics.. I just keep getting taken to some white page about Database error or something?..

Visit our friends