Whats the Story on This PM?????

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru

I had a Not So Believable (virus threat message PM)
Any one else? or any knowledge of it??
Take care. Hj

Part Reads as: Name: Lady_Admin
Send a message via ICQ to Lady_Admin
Default Important message from the forum
administration

KelliH

It's a spammer. The account has been banned. I anyone gets anymore messages like this do not reply to them or click on any links, just forward them to me or one of the mods.

grizzlyjack

Crap to late

Hey , just want to announce my noobishness, so this can be fixed if I caused a security issue

I clicked a link to get to this site, I did not click on any links as far as any scan, I immediatly ran my own scan.

how ever this is still a chance I went thru a portal, and was keylogged or something

If you need to ban this account or lock it out let me know, I love you guys.. so if I'm compromised feel free to block me

Last edited:

got spots?

leo lover
Hey , just want to announce my noobishness, so this can be fixed if I caused a security issue

I clicked a link to get to this site, I did not click on any links as far as any scan, I immediatly ran my own scan.

how ever this is still a chance I went thru a portal, and was keylogged or something

If you need to ban this account or lock it out let me know, I love you guys.. so if I'm compromised feel free to block me

Updates your virus software. Then run it remove anything as needed. Then change your password on this account. There is no point in changing a password if the keylog still is on your computer.
ALSO this is a good example of why for security reasons you should log onto a computer as a guest.

KelliH

New members now have to make at least 5 posts before they can send any pm's. Hopefully this will take care of the problem.

Tanggecko

Gecko Whisperer
I received 3 of these spam PMs. I sent them to the admins so I hope I dont get any more. Thanks for the post HJ

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru
Another

I had a Not So Believable (virus threat message PM)
Any one else? or any knowledge of it??
Take care. Hj

Part Reads as: Name: Lady_Admin
Send a message via ICQ to Lady_Admin
Default Important message from the forum
administration

Got a NEW one Reads from:
Name: GooDFriend

dprince

Mod Squad Member
Thank you, I just banned them. Sorry about this guys. :( Please keep letting us know if you get any more of these. Thanks everyone. :)

KelliH

Can you tell us which members they are? Also when the pm's were sent? There should be no more spam pm's sent after the 14th, which is when I implemented the new 5 post before being able to pm rule. So let me know! :)

jermh1

I just had all the computers at my job infected by the conflicker virus, it was on all my thumb drives too, here is some free software (microsoft security essentials) that works pretty good. also the virus keeps you from going to microsoft.com and other sites that will help remove it, so if you click on the link and it cant be displayed then you most likely have it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=e1605e70-9649-4a87-8532-33d813687a7f

Visit our friends