What are these hard shelled worms in my Dubia colony?(Identification Help?)

Herpluver

I just found these today, as I have been leaving my roach colony alone. They are fed with a dry roach chow, and watered with water crystals. There is never a bunch of moisture in my colony either.

They don't look like Deremistid beetles or fly larva that I can tell. So I am confused as to what they could be.

009.jpg
If anyone knows what these are, please let me know!

Thanks for your time

Herpluver

If they are those mini mealworms though, how in the world did they get into my dubia colony? The only thing's i've brought into my colony are the roach chow I got with the dubia and water crystals. Well, as well as the egg crates but thats it.

Herpluver

No substrate, the only items inside the tub is 4 egg flats, 1 coffee can lid used as a food dish and 2 0.5 ounce cups to hold the water crystals.

The chow was given to me when I purchased the group of Dubia. I am unsure what it is made of, but it is ground into a powder and light tan in color.

Mclaughlin

I would bet that the eggs were in the food. I use a feed for egg laying chickens. It comes crumbled and is $7 for 10 lbs. from Tractor Supply. I also get egg cartons there for $.49 each.

bogaman

Well i got those worms with my dubia and lateralis colony too,, im collecting them and use as feeders with my spiderlings and frys

Visit our friends