Tile In A 20 & 10 Gallon Tank.

reptileking

Hey Guys, I'm here with another question. I have a 20 Gallon and 10 Gallon tank and I would like to put Tile in both of them. The Animal I'd be housing is Leopard Gecko, My Question is.

Which tile is best? What are the measurements I need to get tile for the 20 & 10 gallon tank? Also when I get the tile should I keep the UTH under the tank or inside the tank under the tile? also any tips or any misc. Information that I might need would be much appreciated!!!

Note:
I searched the site for measurements but no luck, Maybe I didn't look deep enough.

doublet74

Thanks for the reply man. Do you by any chance know the measurements of the inside of the tank so I can get the right size tile?

No each tank is different. Measure inside from the silicone line. Home depot and Lowes will cut it for you once you have your measurements.

nnoossss

Thanks for the reply man. Do you by any chance know the measurements of the inside of the tank so I can get the right size tile?

if you have a grinding wheel they sell special masonry wheels i had some so it was convinient and easy but its really cheap for them too do it also so it doesnt really matter.

Hankj

I have found if you go to Home Depot and buy two of their "12 x 12" and on "6 x 12" it fits perfectly for a 20 long.

When you ask them to cut it for you don't say "take two inches off of it" say "I want it 10 inches wide" because the tiles are not really 12 x 12 they are more like 11.8 x 11.8 or something off like that. It can cause you a real headache.

reptileking

if you have a grinding wheel they sell special masonry wheels i had some so it was convinient and easy but its really cheap for them too do it also so it doesnt really matter.

I have found if you go to Home Depot and buy two of their "12 x 12" and on "6 x 12" it fits perfectly for a 20 long.

When you ask them to cut it for you don't say "take two inches off of it" say "I want it 10 inches wide" because the tiles are not really 12 x 12 they are more like 11.8 x 11.8 or something off like that. It can cause you a real headache.

Thanks guys for the reply, I'm about to go to my corner hardware store only a house away :-D to get a measurement wheel, If I can find one.

Thanks Hank, I'll keep that in mind when I get it in a week or so.

Again THANKS!!!
-Troy

Visit our friends