Thinking about using Dubia Roaches for

Latlaw

feeders. "Thinking" about it because the whole idea kind of makes me nauseated but I did read that they don't fly or climb so that's a plus. Are they really nutritious for geckos? Do geckos love them? I really would like to give them alot of variety. Also, what about silk worms? Where do you order--I live in CA.

Also, can you gutload Dubia's with the same stuff as mealies? I use the Replashy Gutload for Insects.

LizMarie

Lisa Dubias are GREAT!

I was skittish at first and vowed that I would NEVER use them but after seeing the joy on my geckos face there was no turning back plus they are just a great feeder all around. All my geckos took on to them pretty quickly if anything they're starting to put their noses up at worms because all they want are roaches! Since your thinking about it and live in CA I would suggest contacting Nigel4Less and asking him if you can order a small sample of roaches. When I was "thinking" about roaches he sent me 15 nymphs to try them out without taking the big plundge. A few months later I started a colony. So it's definately something you should at least try out. I think that gutload should be fine, I personally use ProGeckos gutload and they're doing just fine.

I heard silkworms are really good feeders but some leos take them while other won't and need a little more care as opposed to mealworms, roaches, supers, etc because they need to be clean and only eat a special mix or mulberry leaves. I've been trying to find a place that won't charge me an arm and a leg for a few worms and has them in stock. I believe Mulberry Farms (?) is in CA so you can probably contact them.

Good Luck.

MichaelJ

CelebrityGeckos.Com
Our geckos LOVE LOVE LOVE dubias! They are incredibly nutritious for leos and very easy to care for and feed. I was squeamish at first and hated the idea, but you quickly get used to them. I handle them with tongs. We feed the dubias with Cody's ProGutload. It's worth trying, I think you and your leos will be very happy.

Visit our friends