some new babies

L

LadyGecko

This is my fist time keeping rabbits and it all stated with finding an orphaned wild bunny last summer who was bottle fed for 2 weeks and grew up to be a strong healthy buck that was released a few months ago
bunnybuttzb0.jpg

I had gotten an albino bunny shortly after I found the wild one (Bunny butt) for company and named her( i thought) Gracie
gracie1tj5.jpg

Of course I was hoping that they were both female but they both turned out to be male-LOL
My brother-in-;laws are always having people give them unwanted animals that usually for some strange reason find their way to my house
About a month ago they came over with the sweetest little gray female(they were told that she was a male and i was told that mine was a female
gracie12dx.jpg

I put them in together and it quickly became apparent -who was what
bunnies19yo.jpg

and around 3 weeks late this is what i found in the hutch

5babybunnies3zl.jpg

one week later

bunnies7rv4.jpg

and just a few days ago-eyes open -hopping around and already eating food-WOW

babybunniesnewcage1ze5.jpg

onthemovepo2.jpg

Mom and dad were separated right after the birth and unless he got her right after the babies were born-hopefully no more baby bunnies-LOL
Sandy

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LadyGecko

OMG-NO
my biggest problem with keeping snakes was always my inability to feed anything live up the food chain from an insect
Soooooooo-I have never kept a snake
I realize that f/t is now mostly fed but I still can't stand the thought of feeding something so cute to another animal-no matter how plentiful-LOL
Sandy
I am hopeless-even the thought of feeding frozen bothers me and I even have problems with feeding pinky's

:eek:

B

Brian O

I can hear my wife already. They are soooooooo cute. which means I want one.lol

L

LadyGecko

Brian O said:
I can hear my wife already. They are soooooooo cute. which means I want one.lol

I don't know too many people that could resist a baby bunny-they are the picture of complete innocence
I am hooked-LOL-and yeah- they really do grow fast
but if you figure that mom can get pregnant immediately after giving birth and have more babies in 3 more weeks then it makes sense
:main_yes:
Sandy

L

LadyGecko

Update
Gracie had 4 more babies yesterday(I didn't seperate her fom George soon enough after she had her first litter) and they are all doing well
Geoge and Gracie have been kept in ajoining cages since i found her first litter-so no more babies for now
Here are mom and the new babies

momandbabiesfp3.jpg

and a close up of the little ones

babybunnies1yw1.jpg

and one in my hand-please excuse my filthy hands as i was cleaning the cages and fogot to wash them before i took the pics

newborn1va3.jpg

:D
Sandy

L

LadyGecko

YUP
that's why they were separated as soon as I say him going after her right after the first litter was born
I guess they have a good reason for the term
multiply like rabbits
lol
Sandy

L

LadyGecko

Check out how big these guys are at going on 6 weeks old
Unfortunately it is soon going to be time to part with some of them-I really want to keep at least one of the white and black ones-they both have names-not a good sign-LOL
Dot and Domino
I am hoping that they are both female but with my luck they are prob both male
:(
I am becoming way to fond of all four of these babies-NOT a good thing
Sandy

babybunniesggodonevo6.jpg

dot2cd6.jpg

dominoandblackbunnyhz1.jpg

Visit our friends