rack system trouble

scotty

so i made a rack system for my leos and now i am having trouble keeping the bins heated and i found out that it is because the bins are not flat on the bottom so the heat tape doesnt have a good connection with the bin. So does anybody know where i can buy some bins that are similar in size to a 32 quart sterilite bins?

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
yea i tried that but the tape wouldnt go past like 105 for some reason

That may be because your thermostat doesnt allow it past 105

Some thermostats only go up to 105, some 120, some 110

Like mine, it wont allow me to put it farther than 110 I believe (It may be a lil more, but you get the point lol)

scotty

That may be because your thermostat doesnt allow it past 105

Some thermostats only reach 105, some 120, some 110

well i have a ranco etc 111000 and it goes up to like 120 and the tape wasnt heating up past 105. could it be bad tape?

scotty

I taped the heat tape directly to the bottom of the bin and i am gonna see if that will work. o hope it does lol. I still should get better bins that are flat on the bottom so i dont have to tape the heat tape to the bottom of the bins. Also i will add that my heat tape is not in a heating panel or anything it is just bare on the wood of the rack system

Boa'sUnlimited

Shape Shifter
well i have a ranco etc 111000 and it goes up to like 120 and the tape wasnt heating up past 105. could it be bad tape?

Hmm, ifg it goes up to 120 the heat tape should go up to that temp aswell

I dont see why it wouldnt... thats odd :main_robin:

Spial15

youtube.com/spial15
Flexwatt heat tape isnt made to run hotter then 105. Thats when it starts to get dangerous. As far as tub sizes sterlite makes a 28 qt that i use and i really like it.

scotty

Well I will get some pics when I get back from vacation. I have a 28 quart sterilite right now. And thank you I will check out the iris tubs

roger

so i made a rack system for my leos and now i am having trouble keeping the bins heated and i found out that it is because the bins are not flat on the bottom so the heat tape doesnt have a good connection with the bin. So does anybody know where i can buy some bins that are similar in size to a 32 quart sterilite bins?[

Tape the probe directly on the heat tape.i have my herpstat set on 100 with the probe taped right on the heat tape on the middle shelf.the thermostat will power on until the heat tape gets to the desired temp.Like i said I have the thermostat set for 100 deg to get the floor temp inside the tub to 95 deg's

Visit our friends