Question about wood

TatorTotTheGecko

So, I recently got my gecko, and was wondering what wood I should use. I have been wanting to use something natural. Something I can find outside preferably so I don’t have to spend to much money. I live near a place called driftwood beach, and was thinking about taking some driftwood from there and useing it as climbing materials. Is that safe, is there anything I could do to prepare it for my gecko? Let me know! Thank you! Also, any other suggestions on things I can find outside?

So, I recently got my gecko, and was wondering what wood I should use. I have been wanting to use something natural. Something I can find outside preferably so I don’t have to spend to much money. I live near a place called driftwood beach, and was thinking about taking some driftwood from there and useing it as climbing materials. Is that safe, is there anything I could do to prepare it for my gecko? Let me know! Thank you! Also, any other suggestions on things I can find outside?
I don't like to get wood from outside since Ill have to get rid of all the hitchhikers and bacteria on it which for me feels like a waste of time. Instead I buy drfitwood from Amazon, or even ghostwood. But one thing I can easily find outside and is easy to wash out is rocks. (I'm searching for slates but cannot find them :()

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you do get wood from outside, bake it in your oven at about 350 for awhile. That should take care of the critters.

Aliza

Visit our friends