Poop or Regurgitation? (with Pic)

Cayla & Adam

Hey everybody we recently got a new juvie who has been having diarrhea since we got him today when we got up there was a little solid poop and then this thing(see pic) it looks like a massive poop with a completely intact and undigested mealworm sticking out the end but were not sure exactly. I recently gave him a warm soak to kind of clear out his stomach (because of a dark spot) and we heard they can really go a lot a few days afterwards. Anyways long story short what do you guys think this is?

Cayla & Adam

minor update what looked like poo was actually the shells of the mealworms so it was a big partially digested ball of mealworm shells but they were all hollowed out with no insides left. It was just the shells. Anyone know what this means? or what we should do?

Quah

That is vomit. What size is your leopard gecko and what size meal-worms are you feeding it? Ive had one regurgitation and it was because I fed my gecko larger worms and she couldn't digest the chitin I reduced the size and never had the problem again.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
That is not vomit. If it looks like bundled undigested mealworms then it is regurgitation. Are your temps right? Have you handled it after it has eaten? There are many things that could cause regurgitation.

Visit our friends