Please help me "Make Offer"

Alex G

I would ask what shipping is first, but probably $25/ea since these are from unknown parents and don't appear to be anything especially high-end.

JordanAng420

First I would ask how much they weigh...if they're under 12-15 grams or so, it's too early and too risky to ship them. Either ask the seller if he could contact you when they gain a little bit of weight, or find another seller.

The "orange" one you speak of is a raptor. I would offer about $40, and the other one maybe some type of reverse stripe, and I would offer about $30

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
First I would ask how much they weigh...if they're under 12-15 grams or so, it's too early and too risky to ship them. Either ask the seller if he could contact you when they gain a little bit of weight, or find another seller.

The "orange" one you speak of is a raptor. I would offer about $40, and the other one maybe some type of reverse stripe, and I would offer about $30

I agree. Even being new at this I have been pricing a LOT of babies lately so getting familliar with the price scale. Don't try to rip dude off, but obviously he seems a bit desperate to get rid of some babies. You still should be fair and offer an acceptable market value for what you like. If you low ball he could get offended and not even counter offer.

Good Luck. Can't wait to see which one you get. I think that RAPTOR is gonna be stunning when it matures.

Alex G

He has a LOT (upwards of 50) babies to sell and none but the single RAPTOR are especially high-end, even though they are cute. 25 each would be fair to me if I had that many to sell at once, and even if it wasn't the guy can always counteroffer.

LeopardGeckoGirlie

Thanks everyone.....he told me he hasn't shipped reptiles in 15 years but he'd be willing to do so if I told him how to do it and of course paid for it. I think I will ask him if he'd be willing to wait until they gained some weight and refer him to shipyourreptiles.com. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!

Alex G

SYR doesn't do business anymore, I think. There's a new one called Reptiles Express but I can't say how trustworthy it is as I've never used it.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
SYR is up and running still. I shipped with them on Tuesday. They had a bunch of issues that had to be worked out due to irresponsible shippers...but they are certainly operating now.

Alex G

Oh, my bad. I just remember a bunch of threads on another herp forum saying they had stopped being in business. Maybe they were CONSIDERING closing down and they didn't?

Brewboy74

Gecko Power
Oh, my bad. I just remember a bunch of threads on another herp forum saying they had stopped being in business. Maybe they were CONSIDERING closing down and they didn't?

As of 5/20 they were asked to stop shipping snakes by UPS. They ship all other types of reptiles though. That's probably what the fuss was about especially if it was a snake board.

fl_orchidslave

Nothing personal against the seller but I would be very leary of buying any of those babies. Especially to have them shipped.

1. They are just looking to unload a mass quantity of animals.
2. How were they cared for? Community housing? Whose health is what?
3. Who's their mama? Who's the baby daddy?
4. How was their health monitored? Is there any health guarantee?
5. A lot goes into shiping to guarantee live arrival. He doesn't want to ship but apparently will. What if they are DOA?

There are plenty of small breeders with animals in the same price range that offer guarantees. By the time you pay $50 shipping, that guarantee means something. Maybe it's a great deal and everything will be fine.

LeopardGeckoGirlie

Nothing personal against the seller but I would be very leary of buying any of those babies. Especially to have them shipped.

1. They are just looking to unload a mass quantity of animals.
2. How were they cared for? Community housing? Whose health is what?
3. Who's their mama? Who's the baby daddy?
4. How was their health monitored? Is there any health guarantee?
5. A lot goes into shiping to guarantee live arrival. He doesn't want to ship but apparently will. What if they are DOA?

There are plenty of small breeders with animals in the same price range that offer guarantees. By the time you pay $50 shipping, that guarantee means something. Maybe it's a great deal and everything will be fine.
Thanks for the input and I will certainly keep this in mind. As of now I plan to at least wait until they are larger.

Alex G

As of 5/20 they were asked to stop shipping snakes by UPS. They ship all other types of reptiles though. That's probably what the fuss was about especially if it was a snake board.
Ohhhhh! Ok, yes it was a snake board actually. That makes sense. I didn't really research it because I don't like to order snakes online, I prefer to go to shows or find local breeders. Thank you for the clarification :)

Visit our friends