photos of anatomy

Anakan2

I suggest that the moderator allow those that have pictures that would help others understand gecko anatomy a little better, post them on a new section of this site.
Once, the nicest gal posted pictures of her gecko's trachea. The poor girl was bitten multiple times to get the photo for me. I bet she wouldn't want to retake that photo! The picture was so helpful. If pictures like that were posted, people could just go have a look.
Other pictures might include pictures of gravid geckos, pictures showing anything that would be helpful could be accessed as needed. I have even seen necroscopy photos on this site, but only by stumbling on them. I am certain that they would prove helpful in a site where they can be accessed and not just by chance. If there was a special place for them, I know I would use it!
Thanks for letting me make a suggestion.
Jenny

Anakan2

Is there a way to use pictures that have already been posted. That picture of the gecko's trachea was unbelievable!! I know it wasn't easy for her to take either.

BGalloway

Miscelleneous Herp Forums would probably be the best for it. Then we could do comparative anatomy as well as species specific. Or under Medical in Leopard Geckos? I could get some comparative anatomy shots of turtles, or some pretty neat bones.

Anakan2

I checked back on my posts and it was Maia who posted the trachea picture for me. It was on 3-9-10 in the feeding/feeder section of this website. I don't know if you need that info to transfer the picture to the new section you are creating or not but just in case, you now have some information.
Jen

robin

Yvette i think mics herps would be great that way all different kinda of reptiles could be documented and maybe like a sub forums

snakes, turtles, amphibians, leopard geckos, other lizards and geckos.

JordanAng420

Miscelleneous Herp Forums would probably be the best for it. Then we could do comparative anatomy as well as species specific. Or under Medical in Leopard Geckos? I could get some comparative anatomy shots of turtles, or some pretty neat bones.

I agree...comparitive shots would be great. I guess Misc. would be the best place...but Health & Medications would probably get more views.

Oh yeah, that was me that got the shot of The trachea. I got NAILED for that picture and it hurt for days. So I still have that shot, I could definately repost!

BGalloway

I just got some scale comparison pictures between snakes, a skink, gators (really cool osteoderms), and an iguana. Tried to get an open mouth shot of a tortoise, that's not the greatest picture in the world. And I also got some male-female turtle shots showing tail differences. Also, scale variance along the body length of a sand boa.

I don't know what else people want to see for anatomy stuff, so maybe we should have some suggestions of what people would find most helpful?

This would be such a cool subsection in the forums!

Visit our friends