Ok need a little help with tank refurbishment

Stevie&Co.

now ive had my leo for about 3 year now
her tank has slowly changed throughout the years and ive never been happy with it. :(

the viv posted below is the viv i own.
basically i hate the way the wood below the glass spoils some of the view, can any one think of a way to raise the floor in order for it to be level with the glass?

Thanks

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
If it is silicon sealed you could just cut the silicon bead and maybe shim it a bit and re-silicon it to the height you want so you're view isn't obscured by the wood trim. Is it glass bottom or wood bottom. The pic is kinda hard to tell. If it's a wood bottom then that makes life a whole lot easier but messier to work with as then you need power tools :D

Something else you could do is put in a "false bottom". Cut a piece of 1/4-1/2 inch ply wood, cover it with tile and then install it at the proper height. Of course you'd have to make it removeable as well so that you could install your uth and have to drill a hole in there somewhere to run your power cord.

Could you post more pix of your current viv so I can get a better idea of it's construction or a web site that sells that viv.

Last edited:

Visit our friends