New Reptile Building Progression Pics!

nwheat

I'm all moved into my new building and wanted to share some pics with everyone! The process started last April and I was able to move in last month. It isn't quite finished - there will be a greenhouse attached to the front. Inside the greenhouse will be a sink and space for the bugs. My husband did the work (except the cement and electricity) - with lots of help from our nephew who stayed with us this summer. This was my husband's first adventure into this kind of construction.

I'll start at the beginning - this is the site after the tractor came in and leveled the area. The stumps have been there for over a decade, so we thought the tractor would have no problem removing them.
IMG_0716.jpg

Wrong!
IMG_0719.jpg

Here you can see why the tractor didn't work. That root is as thick as the trunk!
IMG_0717.jpg

Here's the stump after being removed from the ground.
IMG_0899.jpg

Finally, some progress could be made!
IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

The first wall!
firstwall.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

Here comes the power!
IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

Mostly done - still needs some painting and trim. And the greenhouse!
IMG_2971.jpg

Here's the inside with everyone all moved in!
IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2349.jpg

I'll add pics of the greenhouse when it's finished.

Last edited:

paulnj

Nancy, that is so cool!

As you may know, I am an arborist , and seeing that stump made me cringe ;)

P

PacHerp

That is amazing, Nancy! I bet you are over the moon now that it's all completed! :)

MSMD

Lake Effect Leos
btw: Nancy, I have to ask about your little 'cleaning cart' (?). Is it a little wheely deal? It looks great with a place for a garbage can and a roll of paper towels! :yes: I'm wondering where you got it?? It looks perfect for gecko clean up!

nwheat

Thanks everyone!! :D

I really am excited about it! It's small, but much bigger than my old room. It's a great place to spend time with the animals! Sometimes the kids will come out while I'm working and watch a movie on my computer.

Mari - I got the cart at stacksandstacks.com. I don't think they have that same one anymore, but they probably have something similar. I got the magnetic paper towel holder there too.

Last edited:

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
How cool is that!!! It looks great, and it must be nice to get the critters out of the house... especially for Geoff (ewwww, geckos smell!) I can't wait to see it with the greenhouse attached, too! Fantastic job!

Visit our friends