Need to get more involved with my gecko... glad to have found this place!

Reptar

New here tonight. I put up a few photos of my guy here on imgur. Reptar - Imgur Name is Reptar, he's about 4 years old. Currently I feed him crickets, gut loaded for at least 12 hours before serving. Then was introduced to Wax Worms at the reptile supply store here in town. He's gotten just a few of those as the girl told me they should be used more as a treat but he seems to love them!

How often do you take your Leos to the vet?

What do you feed?

What's your setup like?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to GF. Your gecko loves the waxworms because they're somewhat addictive (which is why I don't use them). I have too many gecko cages to count but I keep most of the leos on ceramic tile in 20 gallon long tanks. I take them to the vet when they're sick. I feed alternating weeks crickets and super worms an about every month I feed hornworms which they love but are kind of expensive.

Aliza

indyana

Hi and welcome! I have two lizards at the moment, a Leopard Gecko and a Blue Tongue Skink, but I can't wait to get more Leos.

I've taken my Leopard Gecko to the vet once so far, for an initial exam and to be tested/treated for parasites.

A feed all the healthy insects I can, usually dusted with Repashy Calcium Plus. Dubia roaches are my staple, but at least every other week I try to rotate in a different feeder... crickets and silkworms I've used often, and I recently got some hornworms, butterworms, and ReptiWorms to try. I also keep a small mealworm colony, out of which I mostly feed freshly shed worms, pupae, and pale beetles.

My setup is woefully small at the moment, a 10-gallon tank. I hope to get a cage with a larger floor area soon. I use brown paper to line the cage, with a tile in his "poop corner" so that area is easier to spot clean. He has a rock cave as his warm hide, a shallow water dish, and a humid hide that I made out of a tupperware container and damp paper towel. The cage is heated with a small under tank heater that's regulated with a thermostat so that the floor under the warm side stays around 90 F.

Visit our friends