How to organize gecko records?

UnicornSpirit

Graphic Designer
I've just started keeping records of my leos via computer (since then I've only used pen&paper- it seems like a good idea to have both!).

Does this seem like a good layout? Am I missing vital information here? :book2:

Also... I'm not sure exactly how I should ID my hatchlings. I see other people's hatchling IDs and they look very long and crazy (like one I saw "F0203100806A"). Woa. :dizzy2:

Right now hatchlings are IDed as the parent's combined initials (Sire initial, Dam initial) then the batch # (not by clutch but number 1 will mean 1st season batch as a whole) followed by me numbering them starting from first hatched as #1 to #2,#3, etc etc.... Or should I just label them as 01a, 01b, 01c? The star on sex (*f) means Temperature Sexed.

I know it seems silly, I just want to know if there's an easier way to do this.

Thanks guys!

Here's my chart so far:
Picture1.png

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Whatever is easy for you to remember now and when you look back in 5 years is fine. The only problem with single initials is that if you have more breeders you can't name 2 geckos with the same first letter. I identify my babies by the first syllable of each parent and then a consecutive number based on hatching. So for example, all the offspring of Galaxy x Nectar are labeled "Galnec". The first two are Galnec1 and Galnec2, etc. The funny thing is that this season I have some babies by Saffron x Safira, so, of course, they are "Safsaf".

Aliza

UnicornSpirit

Graphic Designer
Ok, so if I ever breed Calisto+Jinky again I'll just continue where I left off... lol
CalJin4, CalJin5, CalJin6, etc. :) I think I like that one... it's not too long but also.... not too many confusing numbers and letters.

I weighed my guys again, it's been a while... and fixed a few numbers I messed up.

Picture1-1.png

Thanks Kristy

:heart:

Visit our friends